...What am i Missing?

Ok....so apparently, if you have some type of GREAT marketing system...you can achieve those numbers.

It seems to me that you must do this from your desk....no-way you can hit the road and do those kind of numbers.

Ok....so apparently, if you have some type of GREAT marketing system...you can achieve those numbers.

It seems to me that you must do this from your desk....no-way you can hit the road and do those kind of numbers.

And deep pockets.

Face to face there are some limits what can be done per person - of course multiple persons can do more, etc., etc.

Face to face has 20X the retention of Internet & Phone and a lot better premium so you need to weight that out as well.

The Internet / Phone customer tends to be younger, more transitional, broke, wants cheap plans, and ultimately gets a job at some point.

Plus and minus of both systems I don't preach one or the other, it's all money - whatever works for you best.

And deep pockets.

Face to face there are some limits what can be done per person - of course multiple persons can do more, etc., etc.

Face to face has 20X the retention of Internet & Phone and a lot better premium so you need to weight that out as well.

The Internet / Phone customer tends to be younger, more transitional, broke, wants cheap plans, and ultimately gets a job at some point.

Plus and minus of both systems I don't preach one or the other, it's all money - whatever works for you best.

Hmm, I'm doing something wrong..... my face to face only has 18x the retention rate.... how do I get it up to 20x???:twitchy:

Your points mirror my experience as well. I don't think I do the volume or have the systems you have, but face to face vs phone has pros and cons, you just have to know what they are, know who your selling to, and do what your comfortable with.

Dan

TonyC,
Not everyone on this board does things the same way. Between internet leads ($1500 per month), some coupon books ($500 quarterly) and P&C agency referrals, I do 20-40 individual cases per month and a few small groups on top of that.

It won't be easy to do that in the beginning. You need major product knowledge and need to sound like you know what you're talking about (i.e. product knowledge). TXIns is correct. How much you can invest will directly impact your amount of new cases. Then add in to the mix your talent in terms of underwriting pre-screen, customer service, knowledge of the various carriers etc.

It can be bumpy in the beginning. I woud say that nobody on this board that does at least 15 apps per month has less than 3 years experience in the indiviudal health field.

TX

TX,
Sounds like you have an efficient operation there. How many issued individual cases do you do monthly on average with all carriers combined (not including STM or group)?

Thanks New Mind....

Congradulations....So you are writing 20-40 per mth....plus some group.

Were is the best place to go for education on Health when starting out?

Tony C,
Gracias.

The best place to go for education when just starting out is all the carriers you want to write with. Read over their agent guides closely as well as their underwriting manuals. If you know all there is to know about the companies you present, you will make up for your lack of experience to a degree.

Also, try to find an agent that specializes in health in the states you want to write in and offer them a consultant fee for them to tell you some of the pros and cons of the different carriers in that state. I paid one agent on this board $200 for 4 hours of consultation about a state I wanted to start writing in. Well worth it.

Back