What are individuals and families who don't get subsidies buying most?

What are individuals and families who don't get subsidies buying most?

• Bronze plans

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Silver plans

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Gold plans

• Short term plans

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Health sharing plans

• Total voters
Guess would depend on the area, This year the high deductible plan has 12K deductible with minimal coinsurance with 1 K per month premium= 25 K out of pocket

Vrs 3K per month with copays and hosp/therapy deductible of $1,500

No brainer the Low plan wins

Last year was different

For me I have a special needs child and I have some stuff too so I go through deductible no matter what
Possibly minor point here but with ACA plans, the max out of pocket includes all copays, coinsurance and deductibles. So, premium + Max out of pocket = potential max cost.

Noted, with non ACA plans: if quoting short term medical which is not ACA compliant, deductibles almost always *don't* roll into the max out of pocket. So, $5k deductible and $5k max out of pocket is actually $10K total out of pocket exposure, of course, also + premium. Young/healthy or older/$ an issue, can't afford ACA and healthy, as a last resort, short term medical.

Possibly minor point here but with ACA plans, the max out of pocket includes all copays, coinsurance and deductibles. So, premium + Max out of pocket = potential max cost.

Noted, with non ACA plans: if quoting short term medical which is not ACA compliant, deductibles almost always *don't* roll into the max out of pocket. So, $5k deductible and $5k max out of pocket is actually $10K total out of pocket exposure, of course, also + premium. Young/healthy or older/$ an issue, can't afford ACA and healthy, as a last resort, short term medical.

Then things have changed, When I sold short term Before Obama care Deductable plus coinsurance = out of pocket max

Then things have changed, When I sold short term Before Obama care Deductable plus coinsurance = out of pocket max
It depends on the carrier. For example, UHC STM the co-insurance is in addition to the deductible. National General STM it is deductible/coinsurance = MOOP. Just depends.

You just need to make sure you are on top of it as the agent to make sure your clients know what everything means.

True But I am sure for every good agent there is another who lies in these cases, Whatever I don't sell those plans Not since Obama care I now stick with Medicare

Just seems odd that it now can be defined both ways depending on Ins co

True But I am sure for every good agent there is another who lies in these cases, Whatever I don't sell those plans Not since Obama care I now stick with Medicare

Just seems odd that it now can be defined both ways depending on Ins co

I sell a lot of STM BECAUSE of Obamacare. The idea that those plans are less than adequate coverage (for healthy individuals at the time of purchase) is ridiculous.

However, like you, I am shifting more towards Medicare in the next year.

I sell a lot of STM BECAUSE of Obamacare. The idea that those plans are less than adequate coverage (for healthy individuals at the time of purchase) is ridiculous.

However, like you, I am shifting more towards Medicare in the next year.

Oh I get that I mean for me I don't do any under 65 not meant to mean maj med vrs STM

Back