What Are Insurance Marketing Organizations?

MC3

Hi - I am getting back into Life & Health after about 15 years. I spent from early 1980s to late 1990s in insurance and as a series 7 broker.

A lot has changed. What are these Insurance Marketing Organizations? There is a local one called AMG Advisors, but their site is not helpful in describing what they do.

What is their function and what do they normally cost?

Thanks

The key would be "Marketing". Are they somebody that can help you market your business and support you when you find the prospects. Many IMO are offering you carrriers and they support to run the business through them. This support is not hard to find. You need to find an orginization that will help you jump start your business at a reasonable price. You need to decide what part of the business is going to be your speciality and who are your targets. Once you know this, you can chose who you would like to affiliate with. Location is not necessaray the key.

"IMO" Independent Marketing Organization

Having a great IMO definitely has it's advantages. They can help you become appointed, trained, & assist with marketing. Some IMO's may charge for training but if you can find a good one like EFES, you should be able to get off to a great start!

An IMO is just an outsourced marketing wing for insurance companies. They offer contracting and usually not much more. Although, they try to differentiate themselves by offering "training", ""free" leads", "top commissions", or, my absolute favorite, by being an all around "nice guy". They are all just outsourced company reps. No offense to all of the nice guys out there.

Back