What Are My Options for Doing Business? Have License Already.

Karma92630

I am based in Orange County, CA. I recently passed my life and health and P & C exams. I certainly don't want to be an exclusive agent. I am looking for a company that can get me appointed with some good life and health insurance companies and provide me with some product training. I feel like if I know the product, I can market it well. Can you please tell me what are my options? Broker General Agencies? Wholesalers? What is the difference? Do you know any good companies in OC, CA? What is the commission cut usually like? What is reasonable? How long are the contracts usually for? Sorry - too many questions but I am a rookie and don't want to jump into something and loose on my money and provide products that I don't believe in. Please help!

Thank you in advance for the replies.

:)

I am based in Orange County, CA. I recently passed my life and health and P & C exams. I certainly don't want to be an exclusive agent. I am looking for a company that can get me appointed with some good life and health insurance companies and provide me with some product training. I feel like if I know the product, I can market it well. Can you please tell me what are my options? Broker General Agencies? Wholesalers? What is the difference? Do you know any good companies in OC, CA? What is the commission cut usually like? What is reasonable? How long are the contracts usually for? Sorry - too many questions but I am a rookie and don't want to jump into something and loose on my money and provide products that I don't believe in. Please help!

Thank you in advance for the replies.

:)

Since you say you are looking for Life & health Appointments it shouldn't be a big issue...Its the P&C side where you may need to use a wholesaler to be able to get appointments...FMO/BGAs are a dime a dozen. I am not in CA and am not aware of local options but you can deal with FMOs from across the country. Welcome to the business.

As NorwayGuy said, getting appointments for the health and life shouldn't be too difficult.

I work at an independent P&C agency in Tustin. We're always willing to at least talk to new agents about coming on with us. Send me an email if you want to talk - jeff at tustininsurance.com

i am not very much aware of local options that are available in CA but by default, it is not much difficult to get better opportunity in health insurance field. Gud Luck..:)

Maybe it is just me but I never understand these people that seem to wake up one day and get an insurance license without knowing anything about the biz or even where to go to find out.

Maybe it is just me but I never understand these people that seem to wake up one day and get an insurance license without knowing anything about the biz or even where to go to find out.

I don't know it may be better than my introduction...I answered an ad from a Busy Insurance Exec who wanted to teach me the business etc etc etc...only to show up to a Banker Life cattle call, that sparked some interest in me and I looked at other offers NYL, PRU & Mega and chose Mega because the story sounded better and I had no clue about the business...I quickly wised up ie as soon as I saw the products and bounced to Bankers and then NYL...I can't say anything bad about my experience because I learned something new at each company.

I didn't know that, dude. I used to skate at Pedlow a lot when I lived in Venice. You ever go there?

I'v been to Venice, in fact had an appointment there on Sunday. However, I'm not coordinated enough to ever skate. It's a miracle I can ride a motorcycle.

Rick

Back