What ARE people thinking?

jbage007

Guru
100+ Post Club
When people surf the net then decide to enter their personal info on some health insurance site to get quotes, what are they thinking?

Have you guys ever asked any of these clowns (a/k/a prospective clients) what were they thinking when they decided to divulge personal info on a website with no apparent licensed agent in site?

This just boggles my mind, how people can be so careless with their personal info. They go to sites that obviously have no licensed agent behind them and start spilling their guts about their personal info and then they seem quite surprised when they start receiving 15 calls within 15 minutes of hitting the submit button.

Do they never click the "about" button and even if they do, are they not somewhat suspicious when they can't find the name of a real human, much less one with an insurance license?
:swoon:

that link made me remember--Chelsea is really *hot* (despite her dysfunctional family)

I agree that most people don't think about licenses. I can probably count on one hand the number of people who have actually asked me about my license info over the past 30 years.

But then again, they don't ask their doctor whether he has a license, or at least a valid one.

I wonder how people would respond if you warned them what is about to happen if they go to another site and push that little submit button?
:jiggy:

Chelsea, Hot???????? She is the perfect example of the results of that Conan Obrien celebrity morphing sketch. As far as how people would react to the truth in regard to these sites - not well. I have mentioned it a couple times to folks and they just don't seem to get it. What really gets me is that you will get the same people several times over the course of the year. Maybe they are just trying to appear to be popular by having their phone ring constantly?

I feel that almost every single person that goes online thinks that after entering the info a quote will show up on the moniter. hence, ehealth insurance and how well they do.... here's what i have found in a limited study... about 200 leads. a growing trend of yahoo, hotmail and gmail address. clients are entering their "dump" or spam email address and they never check the mail in that box. how do i know, i using tracking software to know when the email was opened. last year people were opening their email and i saw more private domain address, comcast accounts and such.

also, i have noticed a downward spin of the people i can get on the phone after they enter the data.

again, what are they thinking... "i'll enter this data in and boom, i will see all these quotes"

so... who knows, i was one of the frst to usr the auto dialer, that choked out... one of the first to use internet leads, is this dying out too?...what now, because there will be something, there always is.

I feel that almost every single person that goes online thinks that after entering the info a quote will show up on the moniter. hence, ehealth insurance and how well they do.... here's what i have found in a limited study... about 200 leads. a growing trend of yahoo, hotmail and gmail address. clients are entering their "dump" or spam email address and they never check the mail in that box. how do i know, i using tracking software to know when the email was opened. last year people were opening their email and i saw more private domain address, comcast accounts and such.

also, i have noticed a downward spin of the people i can get on the phone after they enter the data.

again, what are they thinking... "i'll enter this data in and boom, i will see all these quotes"

Excellent post. It all boils down to one thing: they don't want to talk to an agent. Many may be just "kicking tires", but in the end, it's all about trust.

"The pool of clear thinking Americans is shrinking"-Bill O'Reilly.

People are lemmings, they don't think. I have met many of these people in my forty years as a negotiator.

Don't forget, sometimes they are trying to win something or doing surveys.

Yes, the Internet has become a real junkyard, just like the brick and mortar businesses. Screw the customer.:cool:

It goes to the intelligence level of the average internet lead - when personal security is such a hot topic it's not the sharpest tacks in the box typing in their home address and number.

Most successful online agency? Ehealth - what info do they ask for before clients can see a quote? Name? No. Address? No. Phone number? No.

If people knew, upfront, that they would be called by 4, 6, 8 agents before they entered in their info, internet leads would be reduced by over 80%.

This is why I love the "...hate cold calling" people. Calling shared leads in most cases is actually worse then cold-calling. They don't expect your call and are upset when you call in many cases.

Not saying not to buy shared leads - they obviously work. But if you think you're not "bugging" those people go fool someone else.

Back