What Are the Best GA Options to Consider in California?

surfaloha

Hi Everyone,

I was registered first as a Life/Health Agent back in 1981 when I turned 18. Obviously, many things have changed since and I only remained licensed for 2 years back then. I am now studying for my test and should be licensed very soon. I have many years of very successful sales experience. However, I will need support in the "learning curve" and have found Health Choice One as a possible attractive choice.

I live in California and I am interested in exploring all of the best options to get started. Does Health Choice One have any competitors with good track records that I should be considering?

My goal is to be able to offer my clients all of the options to compete effectively and yet get maximum commissions out of the gate and experience the least amount of "red" tape. I want to spend most of my time working leads 10-12 hours a day. I have plenty of investment capital to fund any expenses and advertising and I won't need any commission advances.

I welcome any of your suggestions.

Thanks!

There is absolutely no reason for those of us who are (at least for now) selling health insurance in California to work wtih a GA. You are much better off with direct contracts and in fact, most companies do not go through a GA.

I'm in So Cal and if you'd like to chat, send me an email to the address below.

Rick

California's big ind. health carriers are in order: Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Health Net, and Aetna. Blue Shield and Health Net do not use GAs so you will get a direct appointment:
Blue Shield- https//www.blueshieldca.com/producer/
Health Net - https//www.healthnet.com/portal/broker/selectRegion.do?region=CA&forward=broker.home

Blue Cross we offer 12 month advances on and training if interested along with advances on Aetna and Assurant.

Health Choie One is ok as well with training but we do 1 on 1 training as well as webinars.

Hum, this is crazy stuff. So it must be safe to assume that the HEALTH ONE CHOICE option is out the window completely in California???

Why is it every time that I call this guy Scott S of Colorado, who advertises in San Diego Craig's List, etc. and drives a BMW 535XI, is always on the phone and seems to have no time whatsoever to take a call but yet I always get a prompt email from him stating that I will get "an email" from Jack his national sales manager??

Couple of questions:

1. What makes Scott believe that I want to talk with Jack when I am calling for Scott? Maybe in the cold day from hell that Jack calls for me I should then hand him off to my assistant Karla? That way, maybe Karla and Jack can decide between each other what kind of business we can do? Bottom line, if Scott puts his name out there and tells people to contact him, then he should at least not be above accepting the personal call--especially if it is someone who has had massive sales experience and is a pro at marketing. We know 10% of the people do 90% of the work.

THIS LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT....

2. Perhaps Scott knows that we don't need this person in California based upon the above responses. Therefore if true, since he somehow believes that a person like me calling from California is really not as important as someone calling from a more significant state for his business he passes them on to Jack. But unbeknown to Scott, I have have multiple homes in several states, including Colorado. But if he knew this, would he still pass me over to Jack? I know he is very busy with 2,100 agents but so am I. Maybe Scott and Jack are the greatest people on earth but if so, don't be guilty of misrepresentation and tell potential agents to call for Scott if Scott never really takes your call. Scott is sending a message that he has other more important people to talk with by not taking the call.

3. I would have to seriously question doing any business with Health Choice One based upon the lack of response I have received up to this point. I have now been promised by Scott 3 different times that Jack will email me. Jack has not yet emailed me. Perhaps Jack has broken all of his fingers?? Or maybe Jack will next pass me along to Bill? What kind of world of hurt would I or anyone else be in if I was now an agent doing business through HCO and trying to get a commission situation untangled, etc? Would I be waiting for the second coming of Christ??? I have done a lot of business over many years and there is a saying that seems to ring consistently true: "It goes like it starts".

Back