What Are the Most Frustrating Insurance Questions You Get from Consumers?

My name is George and I am bald, unemployed and I live with my parents. Can you help me?

Seriously...something like this:

Can you find health insurance for myself (age 40), my husband (age 43) and our two children (ages 12 and 14). We would like a plan that costs less than $100 per month.

Not even in Ohio!

Last edited:
My name is George and I am bald, unemployed and I live with my parents. Can you help me?

Seriously...something like this:

Can you find health insurance for myself (age 40), my husband (age 43) and our two children (ages 12 and 14). We would like a plan that cost less than $100 per month.

Not even in Ohio!

So true. How about 5'2 295lbs, what do you mean they will deny me. Or perfectly healthy except a little diabetes. Both actually happened.

I get this question every day:
"Why is my insurance so high and why is my neighbor paying less than me?"
When you lecture them about what's happening in the insurance industry, the conversation ends with "So, why is my insurance so high?"

Our rates just went up 30%-35% and our service point just got axed.

"Can I borrow just $20,000 from my policy?"
No it is only a year old and has no cash value. It is term. Besides your Dad is the owner.
"but it is a $100,0000 policy "
Does not work that way.
" what a rip off"

Client says to me: So after the deductible, Ins pays 80% & I pay 20%. Then I should only have to pay 80% of the premium.

Client: How much to add double identity to my life policy?

Last edited:
From a Part D beneficiary: "I only buy my drugs every three months. Why do I have to pay my premium every month?"

I responded in a way that satisfied her, but was impressed by the clever illogic of the question.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Client: my insurance is about to collapse, what should I do?
Me: Get out from under that thing!!

Client: If I get pregnant accidently, will my accident policy pay for it?
Me: (forehead slap)

Client: Ripping me saying it was my fault he did not have rental car coverage after his wife was rear ended and the other driver ran. (he has not rental car on his policy for 13 years). Told him it will start out as a collision claim until other insurance company says it was not their driver in other car. He rips me again about how I don't know a **** thing about insurance. He tells me he called his lawyer and his lawyer said he was right...
I transferred his account to another agent. You won't get to talk to me like that twice...

Could go on and on...

Back