What Are You Problems Selling???

todd02

Guru
100+ Post Club
Wanted to get a Q&A going about some of the problems you face selling P&C on a daily basis? What your producers or staff's problems selling are as well?

Wanted to get a Q&A going about some of the problems you face selling P&C on a daily basis? What your producers or staff's problems selling are as well?

In my area, trust is the key thing. While we have our area, where our home office is based out of, pretty saturated with our customers, it has become a struggle to break into a new market. This is in regards to farm insurance, not typical home and auto. The farmers are a very loyally bunch, and earning their trust can be difficult at times. Even if I could offer a better premium, which I usually can, it is hard to get them to move agencies unless they had a bad claim experience or an issue with their current agent.

The only problem we EVER face is the rare occasion that the new home buyer we're quoting is of the particular breed where "Well my dad told me...." who will question a regional carrier they haven't heard of. Despite the fact they've been referred to us etc...If they're one of those people AND they're with State Farm...well we're stuck. But that's like 3x/year.

Must agree with Herkster. Its all about relationships. We "try" to focus on higher premium volume accounts so getting in between incumbents is the biggest obstacle.

Back