What Are You Telling Clients/Prospects?

AgentStone

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Lot's of health insurance company shake ups in the US!

I am aware of most of the ins companies participating On/Off the Marketplace in 2017. We just don't know what counties the ones that are still "in" are going to be in at this point.

I've contacted most of the companies for their public statement...and was told there isn't a statement yet. I am told their current clients will rec a letter with the direction the company will take in 2017. Certainly, there is a lot of press about what companies are doing, but I don't feel like I can site an article as gospel.

Ok, given that...
- What are you telling your clients/prospects before they receive the letter when they call you?
- - - Are you rattling off what you know, before the co makes an official public announcement or saying... you will get info by mail from your current ins company?
- Are you sending out emails... pre-ACA OE? What are you saying??

I don't know why I feel so stumped about what to say. I don't want to "alarm" folks... who need to be alarmed
...uncertain :err:

Last edited:
I will do everything in my power to help you find another policy, and possibly a better policy than you have now, if Company X pulls out.

My original thought was "I will personally cover your health care needs" but was quickly edited to something that make more sense. :laugh:

Better get in front of them now.
I already sent out email. Have over 150 appointments already using you can book.me

Be honest, tell them what u know as of today. Tell them the only constant is change, and will be different by the time u talk in Nov. What u know is 10x what they know, and it's the reason they work with u. But only if u show them u da man.

Or, go crawl in a hole because the aca Boogeyman is scary this year.

I have already sent 2 emails with updates. I don't have 150 appointments booked for post 11/1, like Y, I may be at 50. Next Email goes out on the 18th.

They already know the sky is falling. Just remind them to contact you with any questions. Tell them their options "as of today". Its moving target. The important thing is that they know:

1. You are still in the game
2. You are on top of what the situation is
3. They don't need to talk to anyone else

Good pts from all...thanks! Yes, already in contact with client base.

Yagents…no fear here of the aca Boogeyman.
Specifically to this pt, “Be honest, tell them what u know as of today. Tell them the only constant is change, and will be different by the time u talk in Nov”

We already know which carriers are On/Off Marketplace in Nov, there won’t be any changes to that...I assume (?) Of this group, are you and kgmom219 discussing by email the specifics or keeping it general?

Last edited:
Back