What carrier will underwrite Sjogren's Syndrome

PS... is this an internet lead Greg? If so, I think we may be competing on some leads... I recently ran into this... Got a lead credit too!

Actually it was a referral, which is why I'm going a couple extra miles here. Doesn't look good though. We've had two declines (World and GR). I was thinking Aetna next, but that doesn't look either.

Looks like it's off to the risk pool. Unless there's something I'm missing...!

Thanks for all the help, everyone... :)

Actually it was a referral, which is why I'm going a couple extra miles here. Doesn't look good though. We've had two declines (World and GR). I was thinking Aetna next, but that doesn't look either.

Looks like it's off to the risk pool. Unless there's something I'm missing...!

Thanks for all the help, everyone... :)

If World won't take it... you're probably done. I assume you did a pre-screen with Aetna?

I talked with Assurant - depending on the circumstances, they may be able to write (time since diagnosis, etc.)

Josh, I did do a pre-screen with Aetna, they got back to me this morning and she was declined.

Funny, I didn't even consider Assurant. Here in Texas they must think they have gold-plated plans. I'll look into this option, though. We had pretty much settled on the risk pool, but Assurant is worth a shot. Thanks for the reminder...I'll post back with what happens.

Josh, I did do a pre-screen with Aetna, they got back to me this morning and she was declined.

Funny, I didn't even consider Assurant. Here in Texas they must think they have gold-plated plans. I'll look into this option, though. We had pretty much settled on the risk pool, but Assurant is worth a shot. Thanks for the reminder...I'll post back with what happens.

By the time those gold-plated plans are rated 25-50%, life is not good...

Well holy sheishausen! Made the call to Assurant and it looks like we'll get standard rates for her. Needless to say, she's thrilled! I hadn't looked at their plans in a while. They are quite nice, but still pricey. She's just happy to get something that doesn't have a 10k deductible.

Thanks again for the suggestion! :)

Well holy sheishausen! Made the call to Assurant and it looks like we'll get standard rates for her. Needless to say, she's thrilled! I hadn't looked at their plans in a while. They are quite nice, but still pricey. She's just happy to get something that doesn't have a 10k deductible.

Thanks again for the suggestion! :)

Interesting Assurant is giving standard rates and everyone else is a decline... I would be a little suspect. Let us know how it ends up after underwriting.

You have to think about who's doing the pre-screen when you call Assurant (or any company for that matter)... hourly employees who typically just thumb through an underwriting guide.

Back