What carrier will underwrite Sjogren's Syndrome

Last edited:
You are going in the wrong direction.

Dry eye syndrome (which my wife has, but she does not have Sjogren's or lupus or RA or . . .) is just one of the symptoms of Sjogren's. If you want to learn more about the dry eye-Sjogren's-RA connection, here are some links.

Sjogren's syndrome that is also associated with a connective tissue disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, or scleroderma, is referred to as secondary Sjogren's syndrome.

In 1933, Henrick Sjögren reported the association of dry eyes (xerophthalmia) and dry mouth (xerostomia), with polyarthritis. The presence of sicca (dryness) symptoms in the absence of another connective tissue disease is designated "primary Sjögrens syndrome", whereas their occurrence in association with another autoimmune process, such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, progressive systemic sclerosis, or polymyositis, is termed secondary Sjogrens syndrome.

It is the Sjogren's connection to RA, lupus and other illnesses that makes it a decline by every carrier I have dealt with.

Well, Assurant came back today and said she was declined. I wish I could have helped her, but at least we have a decent risk pool here in Texas. That's where we're going to dive...

Thanks for all your input here. I wish the outcome would have been different, but there's nothing we can really do now.

Have you found a carrier to place this client yet? if not, I may have an alternative for you that I've already gotten the go ahead on if you're writing a life policy. If it's a Med Supp deal, I'm still awaiting the update. The carrier is Loyal American Life & Health Insurance Company. You can call email me for more information.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Have you found a carrier to place this client yet? if not, I may have an alternative for you that I've already gotten the go ahead on if you're writing a life policy. If it's a Med Supp deal, I'm still awaiting the update. The carrier is Loyal American Life & Health Insurance Company. You can call email me for more information.

Correction, Just got the go ahead for both a Med Supp policy ( may even get the best possible rate) and the Life policy as previously stated. I've given our underwriters all of the info that you have posted in this forum in regards to this particular posting. Call or email to discuss this with me if you're still looking.

Last edited:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Correction, Just got the go ahead for both a Med Supp policy ( may even get the best possible rate) and the Life policy as previously stated. I've given our underwriters all of the info that you have posted in this forum in regards to this particular posting. Call or email to discuss this with me if you're still looking.

I thought this was an underage case??? :err: Why are you recommending Med Supps?

Back