What commissions should I expect through GA?

Re: What commissions should I expect thru GA?

What commission structure should be expected thru a GA for writing health ins. with Golden Rule and Assurant?

It really is going to depend on that agency. If you're new to the business probably a lower commission until you prove you can write business. If you're writing 15-30 apps a month ask them to raise your commission points.

Health Choice One gives 20% plus advances, no production requirements, you own you own book of business and get a release when you want unless you have a debit balance. They will increase your percentage upon performance.

Question #1 varies 24-29%ish Renewals 7%ish

Question #2 I don't believe you're getting 20%ish renewal on $240, you're getting 7% of $728.

I think you were under the impression that you were getting 20%ish for first year and renewal?

Yes, it is very reasonable. Just wait, you may get a better offer. It depends on what support you need. The more you produce, the more you can get.
:cool:

I never understand what people are talking about when they say support. I use a GA for life and annuities, but not for health. If I am not sending him at least $5K per month in life and annuity commission, he doesn't answer the phone when I call, and he is one of the better ones.

One *** with an Assurant contract identical to mine, with a phone and fax of the same number lol, kept calling to recruit me. When I asked him why I would want to sign up under him and extended him the same offer, he stopped calling.

There may be some good ones out there, but I haven't talked to them.

If the GA is manually adjusting the numbers, he might be paying you on the original premium of $240, which is now $728, but he's only paying you on the original $240. Your contract or agreement may state this, however many Golden Rule GA's have their sub brokers' commissions assigned to the GA or the GA's corporation without stipulation. Without an agreement or contract, you have essentially assigned all rights and title of the commission to the GA. This is precarious and should be addressed when agents are originally contracted.

I never understand what people are talking about when they say support. I use a GA for life and annuities, but not for health. If I am not sending him at least $5K per month in life and annuity commission, he doesn't answer the phone when I call, and he is one of the better ones.

One *** with an Assurant contract identical to mine, with a phone and fax of the same number lol, kept calling to recruit me. When I asked him why I would want to sign up under him and extended him the same offer, he stopped calling.

I offer support to my agents. I give them adequate initial and follow-up training and we're looking to bring a corporate trainer/manager onboard within the next few months. Of course, an agent that is very demanding and has zero experience in the field cannot expect a 25% commission, leads, and training. It just doesn't work that way...

Bill,

Support to me would be....sales training support. Also pschologically....it helps to know that someone with more experience than you...is pulling and helping you to make a sale.

Using a GA in different areas make sense...

Last edited:
Back