What Companies Are Actually Legit?

RT210397

I am entirely new to being an insurance producer. Last year, I earned my Health Insurance Producer license and was approached by AFLAC. During our first in person interview, I was offered a job (he cited not only my license, but also my Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Master's degree in Health Administration, and two years of experience working in healthcare). At the time, I had been searching far and wide for a position in healthcare and insurance and couldn't come up with anything, so this hurried approach made me skeptical, but I was willing to give it a shot.

I was told to come in to the office and we would begin training, I started off with a package which listed office space pricing. It was explained that I would not be given the option to work remotely, I had to work in their office, but I also had to pay them to use their office space. This immediately screamed BS, so I left.

Recently, I have started looking into insurance companies again and have received calls to come in for interviews from Family First Life and Banker's Life. Again they try to sell you quickly on their company, but quick google searches come up with lots of negative information. I am again very skeptical of them and wonder if any of you could help me make a breakthrough in Massachusetts.

Is paying for office space the norm, how about working from home?

Are CRM leads legit? What prices are reasonable? (I thought rates were flat; however the guy from Family First Life explained different and quoted prices that were more than what I've seen on EFES)

What companies in my area (Massachusetts) actually work/do any of you have experience with?

I am entirely new to being an insurance producer. Last year, I earned my Health Insurance Producer license and was approached by AFLAC. During our first in person interview, I was offered a job (he cited not only my license, but also my Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Master's degree in Health Administration, and two years of experience working in healthcare). At the time, I had been searching far and wide for a position in healthcare and insurance and couldn't come up with anything, so this hurried approach made me skeptical, but I was willing to give it a shot.

I was told to come in to the office and we would begin training, I started off with a package which listed office space pricing. It was explained that I would not be given the option to work remotely, I had to work in their office, but I also had to pay them to use their office space. This immediately screamed BS, so I left.

Recently, I have started looking into insurance companies again and have received calls to come in for interviews from Family First Life and Banker's Life. Again they try to sell you quickly on their company, but quick google searches come up with lots of negative information. I am again very skeptical of them and wonder if any of you could help me make a breakthrough in Massachusetts.

Are CRM leads legit? What prices are reasonable? (I thought rates were flat; however the guy from Family First Life explained different and quoted prices that were more than what I've seen on EFES)

What companies in my area (Massachusetts) actually work/do any of you have experience with?
Keep looking. The only one you mentioned that I wouldn't "run" from, is EFES.

Depends on the company. It was true for my time at MassMutual - unless you met a certain monthly quota, then you "paid for yourself".

But you also got it free for 6 months until you established yourself.

I am entirely new to being an insurance producer.

Does this mean you are new to sales in general... you called your classification correctly, "producer"... but this is just the legal description given to us by the Dept. of Ins.

In reality... we are folks that go around talking to other folks on how they can use their money to buy the things we sale... if they don't buy... we continue to be "producers" when we really need to be salesman.

You will get good feed back here on companies and models and directions to move in... but you have to be able to sale... :yes:

Does this mean you are new to sales in general... you called your classification correctly, "producer"... but this is just the legal description given to us by the Dept. of Ins.

In reality... we are folks that go around talking to other folks on how they can use their money to buy the things we sale... if they don't buy... we continue to be "producers" when we really need to be salesman.

You will get good feed back here on companies and models and directions to move in... but you have to be able to sale... :yes:
To be a producer, don't you "technically" have to sell(produce) something 1st? :huh:

I am newer to this Industry, too, but I have sold in other industries.

FIRST!!!! Almost EVERY company out there if you google them you will find a bad review somewhere.

I do know that some require you to buy marketing "kits" which is basically business cards and in-house lead systems. As far a "Office Fee," we had those in real estate and they were called "Desk Fee's" So, anybody working as and IC could have to pay one of those, It all basically goes to the overhead of Rent of the office and stuff like that.

Back