What company has a good index UL

Indy Life is the Market Leader in Indexed UL's; they have the best loan provisions out there. If you are licensed with them you can get a bunch of AVIVA vs. The Competition pieces where it compares AVIVA to Allianz, AIG, Midland and much more side by side.

Allianz also has good Indexed UL's; currently they have the Blended Index option which has a 215% participation rate.

From Phillip Roy Financial Consultants specific to Aviva:

If you are truly interested in taking care of your clients, why sell them a product that may seriously reduce their gains by lowering caps and increasing spreads after the first year?
And has huge surrender penalties...

From Phillip Roy Financial Consultants specific to Aviva:

If you are truly interested in taking care of your clients, why sell them a product that may seriously reduce their gains by lowering caps and increasing spreads after the first year?
And has huge surrender penalties...

Can I see proof of this? I have the AVIVA product guide with me and didn't see anything about the caps and spreads changing after the first year (though EVERY company reserves that right).

Why don't you call Phillip Roy Financial and report back to us all. I just cut/paste from an email.

Well I've never heard of them, nor have I ever heard of that assertion about the Aviva UL products, so I was just curious where you got that information from.

Call AVIVA and ask for a history of renewal caps, participation rates. Personally, I don't like these products for the very reason that the moving parts can change values and the insurance company has no incentive to keep these parts competitive.

All companies reserve the right to change the crediting rates, spreads, etc. Clients understand this.

The reason I don't sell life insurance for cash value is because the ones I'm aware of also can change the internal costs without notification. That's sketchy. I've seen many policies from well-respected companies that are not performing up to expectations anymore because of internal costs rather than crediting rates.

Asking for an "affordable" IUL sounds like they should have a Roth instead, IMHO.

Back