What contact management software to use

Do I dare post anything?

Rick

You are limited to saying how much you like SugarCRM, and how it has a robust database that requires being backed up every hour. Al then has to respond with how much better YIO is, since it's targeted at insurance.

Oh, I may have this backwards :)

Dan

What software do you use for managing contacts and mailing lists?

Since AL isn't responding I'll do my best impression of him trying to sound unbiased about YIO.

Al- YIO is OK if you're a simple-minded twit with very VERY deep pockets. It costs a whole $295 and comming up with THAT kind of dough would mean actually getting out of bed and working.

I think you're much better off to use EXNUS 2008 which allows you to not only enter all contact data but track your own bowel movements and convert them to next weeks grocery list. And best of all ...it's FREE!

Krono,

Would you pass the popcorn please. I'd take another cold one also if it is handy.

The sequels are usually not as good as the original but this still might be somewhat entertaining.

What software do you use for managing contacts and mailing lists?

Sorry, rdavis85, but if you are wondering what is going on with this post, the fellas are having a little bit of fun.:)

This subject has always led to a robust argument, so to get an answer, do a search and be prepared for a long list of posts.:laugh:

Since AL isn't responding I'll do my best impression of him trying to sound unbiased about YIO.

Al- YIO is OK if you're a simple-minded twit with very VERY deep pockets. It costs a whole $295 and comming up with THAT kind of dough would mean actually getting out of bed and working.

I think you're much better off to use EXNUS 2008 which allows you to not only enter all contact data but track your own bowel movements and convert them to next weeks grocery list. And best of all ...it's FREE!

Why do I get the feeling that everyone here is a tuxedo... and I'm a pair of brown shoes!:yes:

I no longer post on tech issues in this venue since my opinion is not valued... it's ridiculed.

I'm not the brightest person in the forum but I know when people are laughing at me and not with me. :yes:

It's OK. I don't mind the ridicule, but I see no reason to take the time and use the brain cells to make the effort anymore to post on tech subjects. I would just get my ass handed to me (again) by Rick and Frank and Senior and Newby and a hundred and one others.

If the original poster (or anyone else) wants my opinion on database systems and CRMs... after 35 years in the computer industry... they can PM me.

I think that meets with everyone's approval. YMMV.

Al

Back