What Demographics for Cold Call P&C List?

Discussion in 'Insurance Cold Calling Forum' started by SueNami, Jun 20, 2017.

1. SueNami

SueNami Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have a list provider (similar to sales genie) that allows me to determine my list demographics according to area, age, married, homeowner, credit score, annual income and more.

I haven't had great luck with my telemarketers so far, and I'm wondering if it's the demographics?

What do you all use as criteria for lists?

2. Rick Deckard

Rick Deckard Well-Known Member

What are you using now?

-I'm assuming you are cold-calling X-Dates for homeowners?

-Are you active in the Commercial side of P&C? If not then who do you plan on calling during the day? Most homeowners/folks work and are not home.

I'm as interested as you are. I think you should focus your TMs on the power hours which is typically 6pm-8pm M-Th and 9am-11am on Saturday. You also will find huge success on Sundays from 4pm-8pm but realize most folks including myself WILL NOT work much on Sundays.

3. SueNami

SueNami Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I just asked this question a slightly different way in another thread... to be honest I forgot I posted this one! :laugh:

The other one is at

Got some good answers...

as far as hours- I have a few people who will be telemarketing in the evening during the week and on Saturday. So yes, I agree about the hours.

I just did a list that was very generic, didn't specify homeowners or not. Just limited by area code and age (30 - 45) and put a cap on total wealth (figured people better off may be less willing to trust someone calling their house out of the blue...). I'm going to track results and see if I see a pattern.

I'll post back here if I do.