What Different Types of Marketing is Most Successful

In my case, I worked with another insurance company. They were multi-line. I focused on a line they didn't care much for. I spent about 3 years developing my marketing system. I was bringing in my own leads. When it was time to leave, it was a simple matter of changing the email addresses in my system and I already had a productive lead generation system going.

Any business is about marketing and getting people to talk to. Don't let anyone else convince you otherwise.

Yep! Listen up newbies!

This is what it takes. It might look like a job from the outside, but it's a business. You wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) start a restaurant and expect to have a positive cash flow the first month or the first quarter.

I worked two part-time jobs and was on call with a temp service when I went independent.

I intentionally refused to take a full time position. It was easier and less risky to quit one job at a time instead of asking to have my hours reduced.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. That's what I was trying to say about resources. It's not an instant return, so it's best to be prepared, being prepared could mean saving money or it could mean working two part-time jobs, etc.

If you want to make it, you do what you have to feed the family, get educated, and become successful.

Unless you have DEEP pockets to promote yourself and your business while keeping a roof over your head and food in your belly, this is a get . . . . rich . . . slowly opportunity.

Few people will do what Alston, Rusty and others on this board have done. One person on this forum delivered pizza's while building his business.

Getting back on topic, the type of marketing that is most successful is what works for YOU.

I have personally tried almost everything short of TV spots and billboards. Direct mail, telemarketing (myself, which I hated, and hiring TM's which produced horrible results), networking, radio interviews, etc.

What worked best for me personally was internet leads. At first I bought them by the buckets then started generating them myself.

Just because it worked for me doesn't mean it is a good fit for others. Generating your own leads is time consuming plus a lot of trial and error.

If there was a one-size-fits-all magic solution it wouldn't be magic because everyone would be doing it.

Sales pitches are the same. Rather than learning words written by someone else, craft your own "pitch" to match your style. Don't recreate the wheel (pitch), but take a presentation that feels right for you and customize it to your voice.

Good luck.

Unless you have DEEP pockets to promote yourself and your business while keeping a roof over your head and food in your belly, this is a get . . . . rich . . . slowly opportunity.

Few people will do what Alston, Rusty and others on this board have done. One person on this forum delivered pizza's while building his business.

Getting back on topic, the type of marketing that is most successful is what works for YOU.

I have personally tried almost everything short of TV spots and billboards. Direct mail, telemarketing (myself, which I hated, and hiring TM's which produced horrible results), networking, radio interviews, etc.

What worked best for me personally was internet leads. At first I bought them by the buckets then started generating them myself.

Just because it worked for me doesn't mean it is a good fit for others. Generating your own leads is time consuming plus a lot of trial and error.

If there was a one-size-fits-all magic solution it wouldn't be magic because everyone would be doing it.

Sales pitches are the same. Rather than learning words written by someone else, craft your own "pitch" to match your style. Don't recreate the wheel (pitch), but take a presentation that feels right for you and customize it to your voice.

Good luck.

Fascinating websites. Saw evocation of emotion and Gitomer at work.

In my case, I worked with another insurance company. They were multi-line. I focused on a line they didn't care much for. I spent about 3 years developing my marketing system. I was bringing in my own leads. When it was time to leave, it was a simple matter of changing the email addresses in my system and I already had a productive lead generation system going.

Any business is about marketing and getting people to talk to. Don't let anyone else convince you otherwise.

You have a great website.

As I've said on other threads, I believe in synergistic marketing.

It's not "either or" for me it is usually "and."

When a person who enters my world via, for example, an Internet lead they usually get:

• a phone call
  • an email about the line they asked about, and possibly quotes
  • a letter with similar copy
  • a refrigerator magnet with in the same envelope
  • daily emails if they are an MA or gap client (I may write or hire a writer to write emails for other lines.)
  • remarketing
  • postcards several times a year
  • a handwritten note if they are a good prospect

Don't let the long list intimidate you. Pick an initial prospecting method. Test and tweak until it works for you. Eventually you'll have an efficient system for that piece of the puzzle.

Then add another marketing channel and see if the increase in expense is counterbalanced by the increase in sales. If not, try another method.

You should find in some cases, adding 10% to your costs per prospect results in 50% more sales.

For example, if you might spend $10 for a lead and about $1.00 to put a letter in the mail with a business card, a rack card and a refrigerator magnet.

(I pay my 12-year-old 20 cents to print the letter and stuff the envelope, with postage, paper, toner and printing I think that put the total cost a little over a dollar.)

Follow up emails and remarketing cost next to nothing, but they might double your ROI.

I feel like all of those works just fine. It depends on the person, just try it and find what suits you best. DM, social media marketing, and cold calling work for me.

After speaking to a representative from google online, I was redirected to a seo. If you find a good one, they have great recommendations about marketing.

Back