What Do You Despise About Online Leads?

quotearoo

Hello! Long time lurker, first time posting.

As someone from the lead gen side, I have many thoughts on what I hate about generation and ideas on what I think you hate about what we do.

I'd love to hear your experiences and specific things you just can't stand.

I'll be first to share from the generation side -- lead credits are the absolute worst. While the majority of them are valid (bad phone/email), there's a significant percentage that want to credit because of mid-intent by the lead or even worse... never bothering to contact them more than once!

As someone from the lead gen side, I have many thoughts on what I hate about generation and ideas on what I think you hate about what we do.

I'll be first to share from the generation side -- lead credits are the absolute worst. While the majority of them are valid (bad phone/email), there's a significant percentage that want to credit because of mid-intent by the lead or even worse... never bothering to contact them more than once!

They're shared with how many other agent???

Spammers...yeah, I hate spammers.:yes:

That's Baloney,

Lead providers that complain about those things are lead providers that are not providing what is paid for

Every time I have heard grips like that its from a lead provider that has provided recycled leads over shared leads,.dental leads leads that were looking for a price

man if I had a dollar for every lead I got called fresh but had bout yesterday, from a lead provider that complains about these things

I lead provider that provides good leads don't complain about such things, Go figure

I would agree that the saturation is a huge issue. I used to work for a very large lead provider and was disappointed with how leads were treated in general.

Saturation though keeps lead costs down -- would you rather pay $100 for a guaranteed exclusive lead... or $15 for a lead sold a few times?

My biggest complaint about saturation would be companies that sell leads to 'call centers' -- not even giving the chance for a local agent to reach out and touch the lead, just immediately called. Creates a horrible experience for all parties and really only that call center is a beneficiary.

I would agree that the saturation is a huge issue. I used to work for a very large lead provider and was disappointed with how leads were treated in general.

Saturation though keeps lead costs down -- would you rather pay $100 for a guaranteed exclusive lead... or $15 for a lead sold a few times?

My biggest complaint about saturation would be companies that sell leads to 'call centers' -- not even giving the chance for a local agent to reach out and touch the lead, just immediately called. Creates a horrible experience for all parties and really only that call center is a beneficiary.

Most of the largest lead providers are the worst of them,

Your numbers are a bit high, I pay around $35 for exclusive and have been satisfied,

$15 for shared seems excessive as well, I have paid from $4 to $12 for shared with many companies but have not found satisfaction in shared for over 2 years, I used to do well around $5 -$10 range but not for the last 2 years

----------

In Fact in these last couple days of AEP I am running shared Just called lead I got within 30 seconds, She Already spoke to someone went through presentation and did app, But I only got lead 30 seconds ago,

It has changed, I don't have patients for lead providers complaining about lead buyers when I see this

You are on the lead gen side? OK, you asked for it!:

*Calling people who sound like they're talking thru an oxygen mask. (they likely are)

*Calling people whose 12-yo daughter filled out the form online.

*Calling people who tell you are the 15th caller when you only the 7th.

*Calling and getting an adult novelty shop. (not always a bad thing)

*Getting leads outside the filters.

*Paying too much for those leads when I can get them for $1.25 or less.

There you are and have a nice day!:1cool:

----------

They're shared with how many other agent???

Spammers...yeah, I hate spammers.:yes:

I LOVE spam. Spam and eggs. Spam on whole wheat with cheese, pickles and tomatoes. Yummy.

You are on the lead gen side? OK, you asked for it!:

*Calling people who sound like they're talking thru an oxygen mask. (they likely are)

*Calling people whose 12-yo daughter filled out the form online.

*Calling people who tell you are the 15th caller when you only the 7th.

*Calling and getting an adult novelty shop. (not always a bad thing)

*Getting leads outside the filters.

*Paying too much for those leads when I can get them for $1.25 or less.

There you are and have a nice day!:1cool:

----------

I LOVE spam. Spam and eggs. Spam on whole wheat with cheese, pickles and tomatoes. Yummy.

I love Spam too...I prefer it fried!:yes:

I don't like paying for health screening when it's not done anymore. Most lead vendors are buying from other vendors. Very few if any screen in advance anymore.

The biggest excuse I get is because of HIPAA, which is a total BS excuse. HIPAA is not applied that way, You can ask upfront about health from the person looking for a quote. You can't request information without their consent. So telling me you can't ask health questions because of HIPAA means you're hoping I'm stupid.

The other thing since we're on pet peeves... is not reading the information that comes back with the credit request. The answer is usually right there and I have spent a half hour to an hour gathering the facts behind the credit request. Then nobody reads them and they deny the credit... till I call and ask them to read the comments. Then it is "oh OK we'll credit that." Which is great but I shouldn't have to call if somebody can read. If I am having to take 15-30 minutes just to ask them to read, ... well no.

Could go on and on... . To the lead vendors one request if you have to brainstorm to come up with an answer for why you can't credit, you probably don't have a good reason not too in the first place.

Back