What do you do with a declined health application?

After years of referring health declines to the state high risk pool. I finally found a company that is hunting the high risk market in individual health. Tom has a new product that I would like to recommend to all agents.

Underwriting just cleared my first application and I should be pulling 50% commision! Not bad on a $300.00 per month premium.

Does anyone have any insight into this type of product?

Last edited by a moderator:
After years of referring health declines to the state high risk pool. I finally found a company that is hunting the high risk market in individual health. Tom Cocagne at has a new product that I would like to recommend to all agents.

Underwriting just cleared my first application and I should be pulling 50% commision! Not bad on a $300.00 per month premium.

Does anyone have any insight into this type of product?

your client is better off in the risk pool.......and I can not let you spam us with a phone #........but you are more than welcome to tell us why this is better than the Risk pool.....

Last edited:
Well for what it's worth I just talked to Tom for about 30 minutes. Fantastic guy and long-time insurance vet for Fortis and Humana. First of all, all states don't have risk pools. The states that do like MD still require people to qualify and I've personal said "sorry" to countless people who didn't qualify for the MD risk pool. I'm willing to at least see this offering.

Well for what it's worth I just talked to Tom for about 30 minutes. Fantastic guy and long-time insurance vet for Fortis and Humana. First of all, all states don't have risk pools. The states that do like MD still require people to qualify and I've personal said "sorry" to countless people who didn't qualify for the MD risk pool. I'm willing to at least see this offering.

so is it U.A.....and I can not seem to find Tom as a Lic. agent in KY........

never mind I found him....and have an idea of the Co.......

Agent Licensing - Search Details as of 04/23/2007

Name: Cocagne, Thomas Leo
DOI Number: 388372

License - Line of Authority Information

StatusResidencyClassLine of AuthorityActive DateInactive DateAppointmentsNext Compliance DateActiveResidentAgent Life 04/02/1987 12/31/2007 ActiveResidentAgent Health 04/02/1987 12/31/2007 ActiveResidentAgent Variable Life and Variable Annuities 03/30/2001 No Appointments 12/31/2007 *If a status is Pending, Pending Replacement,or the record displays Affidavit on File, click on them for more details.No License Renewal Information on File
NOTE: Licensee may renew up to 6 months prior to Next Compliance Date. Licensees subject to CE must complete CE requirements before Next Compliance Date in order to successfully complete the License Renewal Process.
Address Information

TypeAddress ResidenceNot Public Information
Business / Home Office2228 Amsterdam Rd
Ft Mitchell, KY 41017

Internet Information

TypeAddressEmail[email protected]

Last edited:
Don't know anything about it. I can tell you one case I had; single male sole proprietor uninsurable in MD. Does not have an eligible condition for the risk pool and he's not HIPAA eligible. Shutting down his business and working for a company was not an option for him. I would have offered him anything. I had nothing to offer.

I have sent Two people to U.A in the last month......it was that or the RP......first one got stuck on a base plan with a $7,500 cap per hosp. stay for $237.00.....I sent this goofball to set her up on the $100,000 flex guard....the U.A. assholes will not give rates on the phone....call her back and asked why not do as I asked and said she could not afford the $400 + a month....btw the Risk pool on a 5 thou was $377.......the other one got approved for a $75,000 FG for $900+ for him and his wife(they are both fried).,......risk pool $1,100...so both are cxl'n and for the latter setting up a 2 man group.....

Back