What Do You Find Hardest About Running Your Agency?

csteffel

For all of you principals out there...What are the biggest challenges you face running your agency? I know that carriers is a big one, but what else besides that?

Accounting, IT and managing people. Finding and executing the best systems requires a lot of work (and luck) on the front end and constant commitment to keep it running smoothly. Employees like to create their own "short cuts" that may save them steps for their duty but they erode your systems over time.

Well said, I think systems are key. Then I think it's maintaining the proper schedule. Too easy to get distracted with the mundane, and lose focus on the important stuff.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well said, I think systems are key. Then I think it's maintaining the proper schedule. Too easy to get distracted with the mundane, and lose focus on the important stuff.

Last edited:
So- I heard accounting twice. What is it about the accounting? Is it managing the PTA's, or your general agency accounting? What about marketing?

Great info too, btw!!! Thanks for sharing :)

So- I heard accounting twice. What is it about the accounting? Is it managing the PTA's, or your general agency accounting? What about marketing?

Great info too, btw!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Tracking commissions, charge backs, etc when you have multiple producers, dozens of companies and varying new/renewal splits. It should be easy within your AMS but it isn't.

Back