What do you guys think about abbreviating domain names

Thanks guys. I guess I was not being very creative in trying to find what was available. I am going to grab those, thanks.

And Rick I am soooooooo disappointed :no:. You are going to miss a great time!
Please send photos and a video tape!

As far as the domain names, now you just need to get a few sites up. I can recommend Jeff Wild at www.artitude.com. Give him and call and he'll give you some ideas.

Rick

What is ja dick health insurance? IS that bama slang for a condom?:twitchy:

OMG now I will always have a complex about my soon to be last name:mad:

It is Jadick (with the short "a" sounding like apple, not a long "a" sounding like ate)......great, I guess it is time for a new business name. He is not from "bama" but is from New York. Leave it up to a yankee to give me a last name worse then what I currently have (Antoine).

OMG now I will always have a complex about my soon to be last name:mad:

It is Jadick (with the short "a" sounding like apple, not a long "a" sounding like ate)......great, I guess it is time for a new business name. He is not from "bama" but is from New York. Leave it up to a yankee to give me a last name worse then what I currently have (Antoine).
If we knew that we would have advised you to dump the bum!:swoon:

You could become Michelle Antoine-Jadick! Might be too long for a domain name though. So how about shortening it to adickinsuranceagency.com?

Rick

If we knew that we would have advised you to dump the bum!:swoon:

You could become Michelle Antoine-Jadick! Might be too long for a domain name though. So how about shortening it to adickinsuranceagency.com?

Rick

What??? That is even worse....... adickinsuranceagency.....
Sounds like people would be buying from a bunch of jerks......next suggestion please :D

Seriously I was not wanting to use our name but I am just not creative at all and this whole coming up with a name stuff has about drove me crazy. I tend to obsess with things like that......I mean it took me 3 months to design my wedding invitations, ha. I know I am that way and I just decided to go with the "name" so I would not get all crazy over it, but now I may seriously rethink it. Alex did crack a joke about the business sounding something like that but I thought it was just him being silly....guess maybe it is a guy thing.

Side question....I am sure the answer is no, but is there anyway to give back a domain name to godaddy???? ;)

Don't worry about it too much - however if you do indeed choose the wrong domain name you'll likely be out of business within 3 months.

Ha....trying to scare me now. Luckily I have learned from this site and IHIAA that your statement is false. I know I am not going to get much business from my site, unless I do all kinds of work to get the web traffic, BUT I would like a decent name for bus. cards, flyers, doorhangers, etc. with that being said I would like to have a domain name the same as the rest. I also would like the email address to be "professional" instead of gmail or yahoo.

I was under the impression that I needed the domain name first in order to get the email address and then I can get to printing flyers, cards, etc. and hitting the streets! If I am incorrect please advise and I will not worry about it right now.

I am not too worried about a 800 number right now since I am going to first sell locally until I get the hang of it.

Latest posts

Back