What Do You Guys Think About Black Business Cards?

R. Paul Aguirre

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Do any of you have a particular dislike for black business cards? I started designing a business card magnet thinking that a black card would look nice enough for clients to keep on their refrigerators and then I thought they looked so nice why not try them out as every day business cards. Have any of you had black cards in the past?
Matte Black

The magnet definitely are a good idea particularly not to get knocked with seniors (MA/Med Sups). Not to sure about the black business cards.

souldeux,

I agree that they look pretty sharp. Do you ever worry that people can't write stuff on them? When I got back to see clients, they have always written other things on the card to help them remember things I've said.

souldeux,

I agree that they look pretty sharp. Do you ever worry that people can't write stuff on them? When I got back to see clients, they have always written other things on the card to help them remember things I've said.

Good point, and I contemplated leaving the back of it white(which would have been cheaper, or putting a tip chart on the back) but I thought that might look cheesy. One of our agents had cards with rounded corners and they were all the rage when he showed everyone. I like the simple look, the ones my company bought me are too busy. I sprung for the medium weight matte finish too.:cool:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The magnet definitely are a good idea particularly not to get knocked with seniors (MA/Med Sups). Not to sure about the black business cards.

Plus my idea was to give a magnet to some of my friends and family and have them put it on the refrigerator at their work, girlfriends mom's a cop ch ching! Hopefully haha. I figure that if the magnet stays up there for any period of time at least 15-50 people are going to see it. Hmm maybe I will hand them out with a puppy adoption flyer or something that wont get taken off of the fridge, like a charity flyer...

Last edited:
But the real question is, what value are you getting from this? Does anyone actually contact you over this eye-catching card, or do they just collect it because it looks cool?

Something I was taught by a mentor: Its not how many business cards YOU hand out, it is how many business cards YOU collect.

If it works, do it. Good advertising is priceless, but don't mistake cool for effective.

souldeux,

Sorry, I should have noted: the front is glossy black, the back is matte white. I write notes on the backs of mine frequently.

And you're right, Bob, I have yet to win a free lunch. Sadness!

Back