What Do You Keep in Your "showbook"?

ra2783

Expert
What do you experienced multi-line agents have in your "showbook" to help you with your sales? How often do you change/replace what you have in it?

A showbook is a binder/folder some agents carry that has visual sales aids in it to help sell policies. They are not all items given out by home offices. Some examples are newspaper articles about how insurance helped a client or how the lack of insurance hurt a business or client. Other items may be charts, graphs, financial concepts, copy of license, sample policies, etc. I'm putting one together and thought I'd ask what others carry that works for them instead of reinventing the wheel.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A yellow pad. I change it when the edges curl.
With your experience, that's what I'd expect you to carry. I hope to some day be able to sell with only a yellow pad in hand. Not there....yet.

Last edited:
A showbook is a binder/folder some agents carry that has visual sales aids in it to help sell policies. They are not all items given out by home offices. Some examples are newspaper articles about how insurance helped a client or how the lack of insurance hurt a business or client. Other items may be charts, graphs, financial concepts, copy of license, sample policies, etc. I'm putting one together and thought I'd ask what others carry that works for them instead of reinventing the wheel.

With your experience, that's what I'd expect you to carry. I hope to some day be able to sell with only a yellow pad in hand. Not there....yet.

Did I ever tell you my experience selling to engineers;-) or should I say trying to sell to engineers.

A showbook is a binder/folder some agents carry that has visual sales aids in it to help sell policies. They are not all items given out by home offices. Some examples are newspaper articles about how insurance helped a client or how the lack of insurance hurt a business or client. Other items may be charts, graphs, financial concepts, copy of license, sample policies, etc.
Interesting concept, but I'd never use one.

Don't want to be talking, I want to be asking questions...and listening!

No, you didn't. We'll have to get together for another cup of coffee so I can hear about your experiences.

Rick says to make you pay this time.
I met with two last week, I bet you had to flip to a new page on the yellow pad at least once.

No, I am experienced now. I just give the pad and nod my head. And try to stay awake.

Works the same with teachers except you have to say Wow a lot.

Last edited:
Back