What Good Senior Dentals Can Be Sold by Phone?

That plan is not half bad. Does it use a network or can you use any dentist you want?

No network. If the dentist doesn't accept it, the client can file the claim themselves and CUL will reimburse them directly. I've got the policy on myself and have unfortunately had to use it way more than I would have liked. The billing manager at my dentist had me bring brochures in because she said it paid better than any other plan she has ever seen.

No network. If the dentist doesn't accept it, the client can file the claim themselves and CUL will reimburse them directly. I've got the policy on myself and have unfortunately had to use it way more than I would have liked. The billing manager at my dentist had me bring brochures in because she said it paid better than any other plan she has ever seen.
I might should have bought one on myself. At the moment I am in the audiologist's office. 4K for hearing aids and the CUL plan does cover hearing as well as dental and vision.

Thanks for the info! You should set up one of those websites and have the billing manager direct all of their customers to it!

And I just looked at the link again and of course it said on there that there was no network... lol.

The biggest problem with dental plans are agents who sell sh*tty plans. Lots of plans only pay 60% of major services... and thats after a 2 or 3 year wait. This one pays 70% after 2 years and 80% after 3 years. Of course with so many sub-par plans out there, it is hard to find the good ones.

Its the same in the group market. There are some terrible plans that are hardly worth the money... then there are some decent plans that do make financial sense if you have needs beyond preventive cleanings... which many people do.

Last edited:
I might should have bought one on myself. At the moment I am in the audiologist's office. 4K for hearing aids and the CUL plan does cover hearing as well as dental and vision.

It's paid for 6 filings and a cleaning for me. I bought it because I knew I needed work done. Kinda like buying homeowners insurance while your house is on fire haha.

If the dentist doesn't accept it, the client can file the claim themselves and CUL will reimburse them directly.

That might be the way to go even if they do accept it. Just negotiate a discounted cash payment, and then use the Plan strictly on a reimbursement basis.

I like the "call your dentist and ask if they take Delta PPO. If so, ask if they will force you to pay $40-50 a month to get the network pricing or if they'll allow you to just pay that amount" dental plan.

I also have a plan for $100/yr that simply does the above.

Rick

That might be the way to go even if they do accept it. Just negotiate a discounted cash payment, and then use the Plan strictly on a reimbursement basis.

Using GreenSky's method above and having the client file the claim directly would be an effective strategy but I (like most consumers) am too lazy and hate haggling so I went the other easier direction.

A few people have contacted me about contracting and setting up the website with CUL. I do not recruit but if you are interested in contracting I suggest calling Lou Barber out of Memphis, TN His number is 800-752-3419. Speak with Mallory and if you don't mind, tell them Louis Rouse told you to call. I don't get anything out of it but I like for them to know when I send them a referral. Lou did buy a steak dinner once :yes:... CUL also has a good HI plan in the Out Of Pocket Protection Plan and a very good cancer product that pays on actual charges for Chemo, radiation, immunotherapy instead a daily rate. All can be applied for on your own personal website just like the Dental, Vision, Hearing plan. Anyone needs help with these products just contact me and I will do what I can.

Using GreenSky's method above and having the client file the claim directly would be an effective strategy but I (like most consumers) am too lazy and hate haggling so I went the other easier direction.

My strategy is to pay the bill to the dentist. There is no claim to file and nobody is paying a $600+ annual premium for a crappy plan.

Rick

My strategy is to pay the bill to the dentist. There is no claim to file and nobody is paying a $600+ annual premium for a crappy plan.

Rick

I was simply saying that if a client wanted to negotiate a cash pay price and then file their claim to maximize their benefits on this plan, they could use your method (I'm not disagreeing that your method by itself isn't effective).

Also the highest premium on CUL's plan is $41 per month for the 65-75 crowd, which would get them the $1,500 benefit so no one is paying $600+ a year for the plan.

I was simply saying that if a client wanted to negotiate a cash pay price and then file their claim to maximize their benefits on this plan, they could use your method (I'm not disagreeing that your method by itself isn't effective).

Also the highest premium on CUL's plan is $41 per month for the 65-75 crowd, which would get them the $1,500 benefit so no one is paying $600+ a year for the plan.

Indemnity plans sound great if both the dentist and the carrier use the same pricing structure for the service. If not the client could be paying 75% or more of the bill. And it's really not a $1,500 benefit. It's a $1,000 NET benefit.

At least with a PPO dental plan they know they pay 50%, 80%, etc of allowable charges that the dentist already accepts.

The best deal is to save the $500-600 (or more) in premium and just pay the full PPO negotiated rate. I've yet to have a client tell me if their dentist does accept (for example) Delta PPO that they wouldn't charge them the same allowable.

Of course, I don't make a commission.

Rick

Back