What Good Senior Dentals Can Be Sold by Phone?

Someone who will not pay $500 to get $1000 is bad at math.

Someone who pays $500/yr in the hopes they have dental work needing $1,000 is wasting money. Plans don't pay 100% nor do most people need work annually.

Of course since apparently there are no waiting periods I guess that the dental plan you might want to pimp is indeed a great deal.

I bet you sell HIP also.

Rick

Someone who pays $500/yr in the hopes they have dental work needing $1,000 is wasting money. Plans don't pay 100% nor do most people need work annually.

Of course since apparently there are no waiting periods I guess that the dental plan you might want to pimp is indeed a great deal.

I bet you sell HIP also.

Rick

I have no clue what HIP is nor do I sell (or have ever sold) individual dental insurance. Dont talk about things that you dont know about or you end up looking like a jacka**. The only pimp in this conversation is you pimping your products and association to the forum.

And there are plenty of people that have dental work above and beyond basic cleanings performed on a yearly basis. If you have kids there is always something else needed like x-rays and fluoride treatments.

Also, if I understand the plan that was linked to earlier correctly, a husband and wife would easily hit the $1500 together.

And in the group market there actually are dental plans with no waiting periods for both basic and major services. Multiple plans in fact.

But you are right Rick. All dental insurance is a waste for all people and everyone should do exactly what you do. People in Kali know everything and are never wrong. Its the lib way. :1confused:

Last edited:
I have no clue what HIP is nor do I sell (or have ever sold) individual dental insurance. Dont talk about things that you dont know about or you end up looking like a jacka**. The only pimp in this conversation is you pimping your products and association to the forum.

And there are plenty of people that have dental work above and beyond basic cleanings performed on a yearly basis. If you have kids there is always something else needed like x-rays and fluoride treatments.

Also, if I understand the plan that was linked to earlier correctly, a husband and wife would easily hit the $1500 together.

And in the group market there actually are dental plans with no waiting periods for both basic and major services. Multiple plans in fact.

But you are right Rick. All dental insurance is a waste for all people and everyone should do exactly what you do. People in Kali know everything and are never wrong. Its the lib way. :1confused:

If you are talking about the CUL plan, the coverage is $1500 per insured per policy year so a husband a wife could receive a total of $3000 per year. It covers almost all dental procedures other than Orthodontics so if you have to have a couple of root canals and crowns will hit the $1500 even at 60-70%. However, I will have to say that, like Rick, I have never thought of them as a good buy but people certainly seem to want them.

HIP is hospital indemnity plans.. With people increasing the deductible and co-payments on their health insurance these plans are becoming popular once again.

Don't be too hard on Rick.. He just has to be convinced that a plan has decent value before selling it. Took him a long time to come around on cancer and CI plans. :yes:

----------

CUL also has one of the better underage HI plans:

https://www.manhattandirect.net/individualproducts/outofpocket/productinfo.aspx?AGC=6775&State=0

If you are talking about the CUL plan, the coverage is $1500 per insured per policy year so a husband a wife could receive a total of $3000 per year. It covers almost all dental procedures other than Orthodontics so if you have to have a couple of root canals and crowns will hit the $1500 even at 60-70%. However, I will have to say that, like Rick, I have never thought of them as a good buy but people certainly seem to want them.

Yes but for someone who sees the dentist twice a year and the optometrist once per year it would not be hard to hit that limit. It would be very easy to go over the $400-$500 per year premium for a family.

Is it worth it? Depends on how often you use the dentist and eye doctor and depends on if you feel the time and effort is worth an extra $1k. To each their own.

But if that is a single deductible for all 3 types of coverage that is not a bad deal if you see both the dentist and optometrist on a regular basis.

----------

Don't be too hard on Rick.. He just has to be convinced that a plan has decent value before selling it. Took him a long time to come around on cancer and CI plans. :yes:

Yeah, some people grasp concepts quicker than others. :1wink:

Yes but for someone who sees the dentist twice a year and the optometrist once per year it would not be hard to hit that limit. It would be very easy to go over the $400-$500 per year premium for a family.

Is it worth it? Depends on how often you use the dentist and eye doctor and depends on if you feel the time and effort is worth an extra $1k. To each their own.

But if that is a single deductible for all 3 types of coverage that is not a bad deal if you see both the dentist and optometrist on a regular basis.

----------

Yeah, some people grasp concepts quicker than others. :1wink:

Yes, it is one deductible per person for all benefits.. Plus, most of the other plans only cover dental and vision, not hearing. I was foolish not to have bought one last year.. I knew I was going to be buying hearing aids.. I would have paid $492 for the year. That would have met the one year waiting period for hearing aids and then the plan would have paid $1500 to me since my hearing aids cost a total of just over $4500.. Then, I could have turned around and dropped it if I didn't think I was going to get much use out of after that.. I would have been $1000 to the good.

Last edited:
Yes, it is one deductible per person for all benefits.. Plus, most of the other plans only cover dental and vision, not hearing. I was foolish not to have bought one last year.. I knew I was going to be buying hearing aids.. I would have paid $372 for the year. That would have met the one year waiting period for hearing aids and then the plan would have paid $1500 to me since my hearing aids cost a total of just over $4500.. Then, I could have turned around and dropped it if I didn't think I was going to get much use out of after that.. I would have been $1100 to the good.

What...what was that you said? Could you repeat that please?;)

Yes, it is one deductible per person for all benefits.. Plus, most of the other plans only cover dental and vision, not hearing. I was foolish not to have bought one last year.. I knew I was going to be buying hearing aids.. I would have paid $492 for the year. That would have met the one year waiting period for hearing aids and then the plan would have paid $1500 to me since my hearing aids cost a total of just over $4500.. Then, I could have turned around and dropped it if I didn't think I was going to get much use out of after that.. I would have been $1000 to the good.

Another thing that makes CUL a little different than the other plans is the fact that you can use the full $1,000 or $1,500 on glasses and contacts if you want. Obviously that would be very difficult to do but it's a good selling point. I know Medico limits you to $200 every year or every other year.

Another thing that makes CUL a little different than the other plans is the fact that you can use the full $1,000 or $1,500 on glasses and contacts if you want. Obviously that would be very difficult to do but it's a good selling point. I know Medico limits you to $200 every year or every other year.

Medico's also Reasonable and Customary charges.

Back