What Happened to All the Big Shots

What happened to the guys that were posting on here about all of the cazillions of individual business that they were writing?

There doesn't seem to be as much bragging going on now, as in the past.

When I first joined this forum it seemed that every other agent was making a fortune.

What are you talking about? Why just last week I did a PDP enrollment and made $30.
10 more of those and we're really starting to roll on the dough!

It was really inspirational, if you believed all of those stories.

It seemed to be concentrated in the individual health forum though, p&c agents that are actually doing big business are either playing golf or having a long lunch somewhere.

I know an Allstate agent that works about 15 hours a week, does very little advertising, if any, and spends more money on his vacations than most people make in a year. He has two CSRs that always seem angry.

Where do I sign up?

Hard to say.

Since the closed the store on Central Avenue I am lost. I can still smell those hot peanuts that hit you as soon as you walked in the door.

Since the closed the store on Central Avenue I am lost. I can still smell those hot peanuts that hit you as soon as you walked in the door.

Names omitted to protect the guilty. True story:

In a prior life, while working for Allstate, I had an agent that had been working "under the escalator" in Sears prior to when they were all thrown out to be in offices.

One day, mall management informed him that he was parked in a space reserved for customers of the mall, and asked him to move his car to one of the designated "employee" spaces.

He proceeded to assault and beat the sh*t out of the poor mall employee!

Alldog didn't fire him (Vietnam vet), but he did pick up a nickname among the other agents:

"Psycho"

Back