What happens if one is too sick to show up for test at Pearson Vue?

Michael Higdon

I am scheduled with Pearson Vue, to take my TN life and health insurance exams at 9:00 am tmrw morning. I have been sick today w a stomach bug, and I don’t believe I will be able to make it to take my tests. I found this info on the Pearson Vue site. One must reschedule or cancel at least 48 hrs before the scheduled time, but it is vague concerning excused absences, since one may not be sick 48 hrs before the test.

CHANGE/CANCEL POLICY
Candidates should go to www.pearsonvue.com/tn/insurance to change or cancel a reservation at least forty-eight (48) hours before the examination. Candidates who change or cancel a reservation without proper notice will forfeit the examination fee. There are no refunds.
Candidates are individually liable for the full amount of the examination fee once a reservation has been made, whether paid individually or by a third party.

ABSENCE/LATENESS POLICY
Candidates who are unable to attend an examination may be excused for the following reasons:
Illness of the candidate or a member of the candidate’s immediate family
• Death in the immediate family
• Disabling traffic accident
• Court appearance or jury duty
• Military duty
• Weather emergency
Candidates who are absent from or late to an examination and have not changed or canceled the reservation according to the Change/Cancel Policy will not be admitted to the examination and forfeit the examination fee. Written verification and supporting documentation for excused absences must be submitted to Pearson VUE within fourteen (14) days of the original examination date.

Maybe this means that upon receiving supporting documentation (I.e. a note from your doctor), that they will allow you to reschedule without paying again.

Does anyone know the details on this?

Just contact them asap.

For my past tests with Pearson VUE (not insurance exams, but designation exams) they have charged me a fee for not showing up. I just paid the fee, rescheduled, and went from there.

I'd just take the test. I was done with mine before the proctor was finished checking everyone else in.

Back