What happens to the Uninsured????

I personally have little faith in the private sector anymore, but my mind is still open to that solution. Perhaps a private-public sector hybrid will work.

So because one "has little faith" in the private sector, it automatically defaults to the the "public" sector?

Exactly which of their successes could be pointed to that would lend itself to faith and confidence?

The quality of federal and state legislatures perhaps?

Gentlemen

It is very simple the philosophy is either

The individual is responsible (The Market knows best) or

Society is Resposible (The State knows best)

Its that simple and Private/Public partnerships always lead to one thing The Private being squeezed out the Public being taxed more.

Cheers

Get Hope Alive LOL

John said
However, many of the people getting taxed don't own their own homes or even have retirement accounts. Why should we be footing the bill for that? I don't see that as an inalienable human right.

Hmmm. So you would close down all the public schools to people who don't own homes (i.e. pay no property taxes). Or maybe only those who file a 1040 should get fire protection. When a home is on fire the 911 operator checks a database to see if taxes have been paid before she calls the fire department.

I suppose that you would do away with Medicare too? It's going broke or is broke now, so why bother to keep it. If the old people live with sickness, or in pain or without their meds... or they just die, so what?

The food stamp program must really irritate many of you. All those poor people eating almost for free.

Let's close down all the ERs to all of those homeless people, to say nothing of the working poor.

Wait, I have the Final Solution. Let's just take everyone who does not have a job and who has no assets and no employable skills and build a big camp somewhere and put them in box cars and ship them there. And wait... there is more... we can either put them to work as slave labor, but perhaps just kill them.

Well, obviously no one here would advocate that. But you have to ask yourself what kind of a society do you want to live in. Perhaps you have to ask yourself what kind of human being YOU are.

OK, I hear you. Yeah, it's not YOUR job to try to make a better society for all of us. You've got a living to make. You pay your taxes right... and the fact that most of that money goes to others is totally wrong. Am I hearing you correctly? I think I am.

Oh sure you go to your church or synagogue and say the prayers and sing the psalms and genuflect to the alter of human kindness and mercy, but... like... that's just Sunday. You got a whole week you gotta get through... and it's tough out there.

Maybe you were born to privilege or maybe you just worked your ass off to get to where you are today. Good for you. Why should some guy who mows your lawn or who waits on your table or who works security at the mall or who gets minimum wage working in a retail store have access to medical care. They didn't really EARN it did they? Let 'em be sick. Who gives a damn. Not you. You're a health insurance agent. For you its just about the money.

We have public schools, public pools, public golf courses, public highways, socialized police, fire, and military protection. We have welfare for the very rich and for the very poor, but we are willing to let the working poor lose their homes and incomes because either they can't get insurance because they are sick or they can't afford it.

Some of you seem to want to live not in a society that solves the need, but which rewards the greed. I'm ashamed that many of you are in this business with me. It's all about the money to you guys, right? Yes it it. Admit it. You have lots of company.

I learned not to come to this venue searching for a heart of gold, however I know from long experience that I'll have no problem finding a heart of stone.

The Jackass

Wait, I have the Final Solution. Let's just take everyone who does not have a job and who has no assets and no employable skills and build a big camp somewhere and put them in box cars and ship them there.

Finally someone with real solutions.

LOL

(joke)

Al wrote, "Some of you seem to want to live not in a society that solves the need, but which rewards the greed. I'm ashamed that many of you are in this business with me. It's all about the money to you guys, right? Yes it it. Admit it. You have lots of company."

Personally, I want both! There is nothing wrong with finding something that solves a need while earning a buck or two. And it's not all about the money........it's all about the sex, but if you don't have no money, then you don't have no sex...............

Ever see a guy try to court a woman by walking with her for 6 months and then proclaims his love by bending a stick into a ring and putting it on her finger.

Joking aside, I think most of us can agree on is this, "People need to be held accountable or their actions and take responsibility!"

I fully support a system that helps people get off the ground and provides them with basic essentials. What I don't support is spending $1,500,000,000 on a program so people can continue to watch TELEVISION. I also have no patience for people who "choose" defeat vs. fighting! So you failed, big whoop....pick yourself up and learn from it, then write a book and sell it to people who would like to hear war stories.

One thing though, how the hell does the ability to switch from an analog to a digital television picture relate to the pursuit of happiness. Oh, that's right, if people continue to watch TV then they'll see advertising campaigns and that will make them want go out and purchase things, which in turn, engender's the economy.

Medicare is going bankrupt, while Social Security is sitting on the sidelines watching reruns of I Love Lucy! Health care prices are going up, gas is going up. The end of the world is near.

Hell, a pack of cigs up here normally costs people $6 a pack, but I know a guy who knows a guy that is friends with a guy, who can get me two packs for $7, but that's just how I roll!!!! :)

We all need to look at things from a macro level and then decide how to correct things on a micro level. Getting everyone health insurance is not the solution when there are a myriad of problems that have not been fixed.

Why is it that interns have to work 10-18 hours a day at hospital. Why don't doctors and hospitals show prices............Because their stuck in the 1800's and have not needed to change the way the think until recently!

Decrease medical billing issues.

Open up every health facility to the market and let the insurance carrier take on their own comfort level of liability.

Increase the type of networks available and illustrate some damn rates. It won't be perfect, but at least it's better than giving a blank check.

Get rid of the antiquated training and increase the quality of life standards.

Hire some computer nerds and get rid of the traditional claims process with the private sector, medicaid and medicare.

I could go on and on, but this is a good starting point....

Yes, I admit the reason I am in the financial services profession is that it is the highest paid one in america. I am also quite glad I can provide a valuable service to my clients as well. I would say most of us outside the captive health insurance companies (You know who you are) feel the same

I would say most of us outside the captive health insurance companies (You know who you are) feel the same

I don't know who they are. Who are they? What major med health carriers have a captive sales force?

The Jackass

I don't know who they are. Who are they? What major med health carriers have a captive sales force?

The Jackass
Let's see. In California: Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Health Net, PacifiCare.

Just call any of them directly and you can talk to a captive salesperson.

Rick

Back