What happens to your customers, if you lose an appointment?

texasnative

What happens to your customers, if you lose an appointment with a carrier? Say they do not think you are producing enough business, for example, or the rep is a weiner and you two don't get along (I'm just thinking of reasons not related to writing bad policies, haha).

- Are all the clients policies cancelled within say 30 days, if the carrier terminates you within 30 days?
- Do the clients policies get transferred to just "the carrier" for servicing, or to an AOR?
- Or...?
- Are there any E&O issues I need to worry about?

Thanks!

Your clients just become house accounts. Your renewals still go to you as long as you were vested.

What happens to your customers, if you lose an appointment with a carrier? Say they do not think you are producing enough business, for example, or the rep is a weiner and you two don't get along (I'm just thinking of reasons not related to writing bad policies, haha).

- Are all the clients policies cancelled within say 30 days, if the carrier terminates you within 30 days?
- Do the clients policies get transferred to just "the carrier" for servicing, or to an AOR?
- Or...?
- Are there any E&O issues I need to worry about?

Thanks!
If its a matter of non-production you may be able to roll the business to an agency network with a stronger master code. From the carrier standpoint, they typically will stop your new business, and usually 6-12 months of renewal and endorsement commissions. Literally every company does it different.

Back