What Happens when a "CAT 5" MA Plan Blows into Your Market?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
New CMS ratings came out last week. I was surprised to see that UHC achieved a 5-star rating in 5 of the markets in my state. Fortunately, they spared San Antonio, where most of my business is. I realize that much of the damage that they can do depends on the network, volume and reputation of the plan. What has happened to your business when a newly formed Cat 5 comes into your market?

New CMS ratings came out last week. I was surprised to see that UHC achieved a 5-star rating in 5 of the markets in my state. Fortunately, they spared San Antonio, where most of my business is. I realize that much of the damage that they can do depends on the network, volume and reputation of the plan. What has happened to your business when a newly formed Cat 5 comes into your market?

Run like hell?:err:

Get certified and if it is a good fit, enroll your clients during AEP. Off AEP they are non-comm enrollments. #1, how are your clients going to know there is a 5* plan? They'll get solicited by the plan, but in reality, if you are their agent and doing a good job and they are happy with their plan, why would they move? Unless the product you have them in is causing them some sort of pain I don't see a threat.

Back