What Happens when You FLUNK the AHIP?

Discussion in 'Senior Insurance Forum' started by wehotex, Jul 28, 2017.

1. wehotex

wehotex Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I found out that she CAN take the AHIP course again AND that Amerigroup will let her use the $50 credit again too!

2. Newby

Newby Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    If she can't pass AHIP then she doesn't have a basic understanding of Medicare Insurance and shouldn't be selling it. It's not that hard. The bar is not that high.

3. DeadSlash

DeadSlash Active Member

I can confirm this, and that there are other major carriers that have this policy as well. I checked it yesterday after people brought up 2 enrollments/6 tries in another thread.

I'm going to say something unpopular right now: If someone does not understand things like you cannot sell a plan to Mr. Jones for Mrs. Jones because she is sleepy and is not present, or they don't know the Medicare 101 basics, I probably would not want said person representing me or my company. When you add on top of that they do not have the good sense to not fail 3 times before seeking help, you dodged a bullet.

Maybe this person is unable to grasp the concepts, or maybe they CAN, but cannot be bothered to do so. Either way, bad news.

4. JaBrooklyn

JaBrooklyn Well-Known Member

State:
    New York
    To be fair, the first time I did AHIP I wasn't aware of the open book tricks and it took me 2 days....Now, on my third year in the business I finish as fast as my mouse can click...

5. TN_agent

TN_agent Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Humana is hardcore about it. We had an agent lose his whole Humana Medicare BOB because of flunking his second year.

6. agentjhc

agentjhc Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yes. No reason not to download slides and look up questions. If it's your first year look them all up.

7. DS4

DS4 Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    If you cant pass an open book test, you might need a new career.
    Open a new window in your browser, type in the question.

8. FLM2

FLM2 Well-Known Member

State:

It's hard to believe that an experienced agent not only can't pass AHIP in 3 tries but is dumb enough to take it the 3rd time without being extra careful and using all of the available resources.

9. wehotex

wehotex Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    That bar IS pretty low in some places. I've witnessed AHIP group testing sessions with agency principals gently feeding/suggesting the correct answers to certain agents. I never really questioned if this was "legal" or not. I'm not even sure how some of them even passed the State life/health license exam.

10. roygbiv

roygbiv Member

Agents can retake AHIP as often as they need to, they just have to pay again.