What Has Been Your Mout Effective Direct Mail Piece?

Discussion in 'Direct Mail Marketing Forum' started by flsupraguy, Feb 4, 2017.

1. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Mine by far has been a white envelope hand written font pressed on stamp at an angle.

Inside is a home insurance sample quote applying all the discounts with the price circled in red at the bottom.

What's yours?

2. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Well-Known Member

State:

#10 envelope with "Your Insurance Agent" stamped in red slightly askew under the return address. Inside a self addressed #9 envelope with BRM. A simple reply card will their name & address on it. The reply card has a list of questions with check boxes. Depending on the market something along : I would like information on - []Beneficiaries worfing []Expiration date [] Guarantees and so on. The mailing list was a list of orphans, especially term orphans or my current clients. Works really well. Also a good way to to gather term orphans.

Lee

3. Alston

Alston Well-Known Member

State:
    Connecticut
  4. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Active Member

State:
    Alabama

5. mickeyma

mickeyma Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Don't put any information in the return area of an envelop. Curiosity is the biggest emotion in people - look at the supermarket tabloids. When I see who it is in the return area of an envelop, I don't bother to open it if I'm not interested.

You should hand write the name and address unless you're doing bulk mail outs.

If it's a brochure, use a 9 x 12 colored envelop (mine is yellow). When you follow up, you can reference the "big, yellow envelop that you need sunglasses to look at."

Always write a compelling headline on the direct mail piece. Look at ads in newspapers. They will tell you how to write a direct mail piece. I'm lucky because I studied journalism in college and spent seven years as a newspaper reporter so I know how to write copy better than most agents.

For bulk mailings on simple products like mortgage protection and final expense, I use a postcard with a return address on the back. It's cheaper.

6. Alston

Alston Well-Known Member

State:
    Connecticut
    Have you A/B tested that with a BRM envelope as opposed to a postcard?

I've heard that people are less likely to send personal information on a postcard, but I've never tested it.

7. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Active Member

State:
    Alabama
  8. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Active Member

State:
    Alabama
  9. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Active Member

State:
    Alabama