What health would you sell in TX?

wsands

I am about to start studying to get my license here in TX. I will be initially selling Aflac. The rep I spoke with informed me that I will be independent, which means i can sell life and health as she does. My question is for agents in Texas, I want to offer a complete solution to a client, would it be best to just offer one type of health or a few? I understand that through prospecting for one type of insurance I will most likely run into situations that a person would really need another type of insurance and that I would need to be well versed on each type and company I sell for. So what companies should i be looking to sell for?

Thanks for all the input!

will

p.s. what is the difference in group and individual policies for health? (other than the obvious difference of one is for individuals and another is for groups?)

Last edited:
I don't even know where to begin - the major Health Insurance carriers in Texas are BCBS, UNICARE, AETNA, HUMANA, UNITED, and possibly CIGNA which is brand new.

If you are in Houston and get burned by the duck - give me a call if you want a "job". The duck is a rough gig - I tried it, the market is flooded for that type of product - tons of agents and no real marketing plan other than pound on doors.

Depends on what part of the state you are selling in. However Unicare, Aetna and United HealthCare seem to be the best recently.

You should also get appointments with BCBS and Humana.

I will be selling in the central texas area, ft hood, which is about an hour north of austin.

How difficult is it to get appointed with different companies?

Is it wise to get appointed with several to start out?

Latest posts

Back