What ideas to mix up marketing when you've become stagnant?

May 8, 2019

1. Jessica Durphy

Jessica Durphy Super Genius

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey there .. You may typically find me in the Medicare forums, however, I began an agency in Winchester KY as a Satellite office based out of PA! When moving here, (not knowing a soul) I have grown a business of up to 1020 new clients within 3 years! It has been amazing... And very rewarding to say the least! Yet, I find myself scratching my head because I have hit a slump, a stale place.. If you will! I have 1 Licensed agent and Commercial producer other than myself working in my agency!
    I've ran billboards, postcards (AMAZING RESULTS initially), newspaper ads (not the plain canned ads), a monthly coupon eddm money saver booklet, Facebook, Instagram, Rocket Referrals... Etc... I've been very proactive in marketing!!
    You other agents who want to grow your businesses.. Profitably and productively- what are you doing when you see the leads and quote generations slowing down!?? How are you making your phone's ring again!? I would love to know!!

I've even tried the "shock and awe" approach... My community wasn't very receptive to that.. They seem to like the "nice girl" approach. I'm very active in our community- hosting several events, expos, community bed give away, movie nights for families... Etc.
    Please help with other ideas!

I do ask for referrals, just in case ..

2. BADTROUT

BADTROUT Guru

State:
    Colorado
    Take every dollar you are spending on all of your marketing and invest it back into your client base. You cant rebate, you can entice, but you can pay for referrals, meaning the opportunity to quote their friends and family out.

I knew a guy once that used to pay a dollar for a referral, if he got one the next week, he paid 2 dollars, each consecutive week he would add a dollar. Even week 52 (he capped it) He would pay $52 for that referral.

I never had the organization or guts to try it, but he made money hand over fist on that. In his words, the ROI was at least 10-1.

Use your existing client base and you have potentially 1000 little voices for your cause.

3. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Why did you stop?

If you find something that works, repeat it.

Advertising folks know that it takes about 7 impressions before people will take action.

Everyone knows what McDonald's is, yet they keep advertising.

Why?

Because it works.

Look at ROI for each kind of marketing. Repeat those things that generate the highest return, drop the ones on the low end. Substitute something new for the ones dropped.

Sometimes the low ROI advertising just needs to be tweaked. New message. New visual image. New demographics.

And sometimes that form of advertising just isn't effective and needs to be canned.

Look at your competition. If they are repeating the same ad (on local buses for example) you can bet it is working for them.

somarco, May 9, 2019
  4. Jessica Durphy

Jessica Durphy Super Genius

State:
    Kentucky

Attached Files:

5. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    I don't believe you identified your product line(s) but it appears to be P&C. Probably a mix of personal and commercial lines.

Network, network, network.

Some females prefer to work with other females. (You can say the same for minorities, ethnic groups, etc).

And some men prefer to work with females . . .

Regardless of gender if you convey confidence and authority most folks will work with you regardless. Sometimes we put ourselves in a box and don't realize we have the ability to cross gender and age differences.

When I started out most of my clients were older and male. Over the years it has changed significantly. Now mostly female and about my age.

I hate public speaking and networking. But some are very effective. I know a few women that are VERY good at both.

All of us hit a brick wall from time to time. Push forward. Find ways for folks to come to you. Make yourself into an authority and people will seek you out.

somarco, May 9, 2019
  6. Steven Chesnut

Steven Chesnut New Member

State:
    Florida
    How to build a $10M Agency. Book and training by Dr. Billy Williams. Inspire a Nation. Videos kn YouTube also. Step be step info. Steve

7. shawnmwalker

shawnmwalker Guru

Video #5 is finally Here: In this video we explore to topic of……

Lead Generation vs Lead Determination

8. garzawin

garzawin Expert

Hire 2-3 telemarketer to work in office and dial internet leads and transfer once pre-qualified. Also, branch out to the entire state of KY and PA.

Also, go after the small business market. Small business owners in PA have been very receptive to marketing efforts.

Combine postcard marketing with a follow up phone call has been extremely effective.

garzawin, May 21, 2019