What IMO's / GA / Marketing companies do you sell through?

MIBizInsurance

Guru
100+ Post Club
What marketing companies do you use to write -

Life?
Disability?
Final Expense?
Annuites?

First, figure it would be good to have list to refer folks to and also like to see what companies you folks use.

Can you be appointed to one company multiple times via different marketing companies?

What key things should an agent look for?

Was considering Best Agency but have heard some service issues with them.

Thanks all.

Re: What IMO's / GA / Marketing companies do you sell throug

MIBizInsurance said:
What marketing companies do you use to write -

Life?
Disability?
Final Expense?
Annuites?

First, figure it would be good to have list to refer folks to and also like to see what companies you folks use.

Can you be appointed to one company multiple times via different marketing companies?

What key things should an agent look for?

Was considering Best Agency but have heard some service issues with them.

Thanks all.

Life- AIG and Genworth
Health- Assurant and UniCare.

Yea forget Best Agency. Their service is attrocious! :x

Golddor do you write directly for AIG and Genworth or through a Marketing company?

If a marketing company which one?

If you write directly for the above companies what are the requirements to get a contract and keep it?

Thanks.

My buddy started the IMO I write through. He went directly to the companies and got a contract with them as he started this group. I have no idea how he did it.

But you have a great question.

MIBizInsurance said:
Golddor do you write directly for AIG and Genworth or through a Marketing company?

If a marketing company which one?

If you write directly for the above companies what are the requirements to get a contract and keep it?

Thanks.

I go through an MGA with AIG and Genworth with no requirements. Unicare and Assurant Im direct. I think with UniCare i have to have 6 ind or 1 small group per year to keep my contract.

First, thanks for the replies all.

Can you be appointed to one company (AIG,Banner...) multiple times via different marketing companies?

Not looking to sell AIG through 20 different MGA's but hard to decide who to go with when you have no experience with companies to judge against.

What if you leave a MGA what happens to your apointment with the Life company?

Also could a few more of you list your IMO/MGA for the life side.

I have used Best Agency extensively in the past, but have been auditioning others due to serious service problems.

AIG allows up to 5 different BGA/MGA appointments per producer. Most of the companies make you wait 6 months before you can switch (without writing anything).

"AIG allows up to 5 different BGA/MGA appointments per producer. Most of the companies make you wait 6 months before you can switch (without writing anything)."

So if I'am appointed to AIG through 2 MGA's I can drop 1 and continue to write through the other correct?

If I'am appointed only through 1 MGA and have issues I will need to wait 6 months to get appointed again?

Sounds like a good ideal at very least to get appointed through a couple MGA's in case of problems.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back