What is a Expected % to Recieve from P&C Brokerage

Depends on a bunch of different factors.

What is this brokerage providing you.

Are they providing you with leads, E&O Insurance, a salary, benefits, a desk, ect.

Do they have direct access to carriers or are they going through a cluster?

Renewals someone else can answer but I wouldn't settle for less then 50/50 on that either as a producer.

You have to think about what your getting in return for this. Your getting a desk to sit at, carriers to write business under a sub code, and what I am assuming is going to be minimal to no training.

The average pay from a direct carrier is 15% if your getting 60% that means you'll get 9% of whatever premium you sell. If you can 20k in premium a month, which is what most agents are going to want you to hit depending on the area, your pulling in $1800 monthly as a producer.

If you can live on less for the first year or two while you build a book then ask for less.

If they're not providing you any leads and everything you get is on your own AND they're not paying you a salary or draw I would say shoot for 60% easy. You can find agents that will even give you 100% to get started then will do a 50/50 split or something after you prove yourself.

At least that's an offer I got from a few different agents in my area to be a producer for them.

Good luck!

50/50 is fair. Most producers don't understand the cost and risk associated with having them around. Phone/desk/management system license/FSC access/ payroll spent doing accounting and commision reconciliation/hand holding/etc cost at least $750 a month. I have a spreadsheet for it and the costs associated with a "commission only" producer are still significant.

Back