What is a good client tracking/organizer software? Filemaker Pro?

BiggitySwat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Guys and Gals,

I have a small and growing book of business and would like to input their contact info digitally so I can follow up with clients without sifting through the sea of paperwork in my filing cabinet.

I also want software that includes a digital calendar feature that allows me to log my set appointments, but then connects to the internet and auto-updates my assistant's calendar on her side as well (and vice versa). I have a Mac, she has a PC.

I am currently trying out Filemaker Pro 8.5, but it's somewhat clumsy and doesn't have the calendar/appointment book feature that I wanted. Does anyone have particular software recommendations for an insurance agent/financial planner to keep track?

Any idea where we can get more information on YIO? Maybe a demo?

Also, is there support after the sale?

Rick

The Demo is the full-working version of the program and free. Support is unlimited and toll-free.

It's all on my website. See below.

Your $.50 is in the mail. :)

Guys and Gals,

I have a small and growing book of business and would like to input their contact info digitally so I can follow up with clients without sifting through the sea of paperwork in my filing cabinet.

I also want software that includes a digital calendar feature that allows me to log my set appointments, but then connects to the internet and auto-updates my assistant's calendar on her side as well (and vice versa). I have a Mac, she has a PC.

Um... how does YIO fill the needs of the above? Unless there have been some modifications lately, it is a self-contained, desktop application, single-user, with no ability to network over the internet or sync DIRECTLY with any web-based application.

Go here:
Small Business CRM Resource Centre - Your Free Guide To CRM Help
and maybe you will find what you are looking for.

I use SugarCRM, but I'm not sure it will meet all your needs. Take a look at Salesforce and perhaps Act.

Al

I use Outlook with BCM (Business Contact Manager). Like all the others, it has it's good points and bad points. It is just what I settled on for my own purposes after not finding something perfect.

However, I did just send off a long-term care application. I did not make a copy first. Instead, I scanned it with a Fujitsu ScanSnap which can scan 50 pages, even 2 sides, even detect color automatically. I then linked the searchable PDF file created with the scanner with the client's Outlook file where I can find it in 3 days when the company has questions or in a year -whatever. The client has a "history" page where all phone contacts, Word documents, PDF files, emails, and so on, are listed in chronological order. Other programs do this, but not as easily, IMHO.

Back