What is a good client tracking/organizer software? Filemaker Pro?

Oct 9, 2008

Tags:
  1. BiggitySwat

BiggitySwat Super Genius

Guys and Gals,

I have a small and growing book of business and would like to input their contact info digitally so I can follow up with clients without sifting through the sea of paperwork in my filing cabinet.

I also want software that includes a digital calendar feature that allows me to log my set appointments, but then connects to the internet and auto-updates my assistant's calendar on her side as well (and vice versa). I have a Mac, she has a PC.

I am currently trying out Filemaker Pro 8.5, but it's somewhat clumsy and doesn't have the calendar/appointment book feature that I wanted. Does anyone have particular software recommendations for an insurance agent/financial planner to keep track?

2. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Guru

I used FM Pro years ago. Currently Act, and then the upgrade Act for Advisors (www.software4advisors.com).

Nothing seems perfect, but it works pretty well.

3. Frank Stastny

Frank Stastny Guru

State:
    Florida
    I use YIO, go figure.

4. GreenSky

GreenSky Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Any idea where we can get more information on YIO? Maybe a demo?

Also, is there support after the sale?

Rick

GreenSky, Oct 10, 2008
  5. Frank Stastny

Frank Stastny Guru

State:
    Florida
    The Demo is the full-working version of the program and free. Support is unlimited and toll-free.

It's all on my website. See below.

Your $.50 is in the mail. :)

6. saieddie

saieddie Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Does everyone on here work for you Frank?Or is everyone Frank?

saieddie, Oct 10, 2008
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

We are all Frank, frankly.:goofy:

Guest, Oct 10, 2008
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Um... how does YIO fill the needs of the above? Unless there have been some modifications lately, it is a self-contained, desktop application, single-user, with no ability to network over the internet or sync DIRECTLY with any web-based application.

Go here:
    Small Business CRM Resource Centre - Your Free Guide To CRM Help
    and maybe you will find what you are looking for.

I use SugarCRM, but I'm not sure it will meet all your needs. Take a look at Salesforce and perhaps Act.

Al

Guest, Oct 10, 2008
  9. Charpress

Charpress Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    I use Outlook with BCM (Business Contact Manager). Like all the others, it has it's good points and bad points. It is just what I settled on for my own purposes after not finding something perfect.

However, I did just send off a long-term care application. I did not make a copy first. Instead, I scanned it with a Fujitsu ScanSnap which can scan 50 pages, even 2 sides, even detect color automatically. I then linked the searchable PDF file created with the scanner with the client's Outlook file where I can find it in 3 days when the company has questions or in a year -whatever. The client has a "history" page where all phone contacts, Word documents, PDF files, emails, and so on, are listed in chronological order. Other programs do this, but not as easily, IMHO.

10. mickeyma

mickeyma Guru

State:
    California
    Hope you have everything backed up so WHEN your computer crashes you won't lose it all.