What is a Good PPO for Someone who Traveler Nationwide? Texas Resident.

Patchntx

What is a good PPO for someone who traveler nationwide? Texas Resident.

She just got burned last year by BCBS. Will a MEC plan or something from USHA be better?

She just got burned last year by BCBS. Will a MEC plan or something from USHA be better?

:D:no:

I'd stay away from USHA, but that's my 2 cents. For confirmation use the search feature of the forum, grab some popcorn and do some reading. That in and of itself should outline my suggestion to stear clear. Search US Health, US Health Advisors...that should get you started.

You've left out allot of variables that need to be answered before an educated reply can be produced.

How old?
What kind of travel?
Any health conditions?
Residential zipcode?

Well my initial thoughts were a STM provided on ongoing medical issues. I believe that there is a carrier in TX that offers an STM PPO...but that may only be good for 90 days if CMS has anything to do about it.

It slipped my mind about an SEP req on my list of questions.

Well my initial thoughts were a STM provided on ongoing medical issues. I believe that there is a carrier in TX that offers an STM PPO...but that may only be good for 90 days if CMS has anything to do about it.

It slipped my mind about an SEP req on my list of questions.

UHC STM is using Choice (the Nationwide PPO). As of yesterday, they were still taking apps that termed on 12/31/2016.

No, it is. I just put in a term date of 12/31 and let the system figure out the days. It's the SUMMER. I don't do math. Except when commissions hit ;)

Ahh so you didn't take it out past that date, nor are there exclusions of putting the term date past that date.

Reason I say this, wasn't there is not going to be a PPO in 2017?

Ahh so you didn't take it out past that date, nor are there exclusions of putting the term date past that date.

Reason I say this, wasn't there is not going to be a PPO in 2017?

I haven't seen anything official on STM offerings for 2017. From UHC or anyone else. (Except the proposed 3 month rule.) IMO, if you are writing past 12/31, you are nuts.

SO no, I didnt go past that date. I told them they were still paying the penalty, maternity and preventative isn't covered (they have to respond to the email before I take the app). Then I told them they were on the 2017 OEP list and look for the first email mid-September. THEN I wrote the app.

Cuz I'm sweet like that ;)

PHCS PPO would probably work. I believe other companies use it but I KNOW USHA does. I know this because I am an agent for USHA. A simple google search of PHCS PPO will tell you all you need to know. I am licensed in TX as well if you want more info. Good luck.

Back