What is a Honest First and Second Year Income You Could Make?

Jun 1, 2016

1. Advisor06

Advisor06 Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Does anyone have experience with the P&C career side with Liberty Mutual? I am trying to see what is a honest first and second year income you can make with them. They say the first year has a base but it seems to go down every month and I was told the first two months you don't sell and only train. They told me $57k month 1-2 $47k month 3-4 $37k 5-6 and so on capping at $24k at the end of year one.

The commission is 10% year one and 1% trail.

Any advice would be helpful to get a better understanding.

2. AllstateMaine

AllstateMaine Expert

Sounds like a really strange base. I'm not familiar with the staggered base by month, doesn't sound very promising of you can't sell long term. 10% new biz is a nice number with a healthy base pay, however, the 1% trailing is brutal if the base is low. When I started, I got a straight $28K base plus 10% new and renewal and benefits

3. Advisor06

Advisor06 Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I guess the base is to get you started but the 1% renewal has me concerned but then again they do give you $24k each year as a base.

4. ModernInsurance

ModernInsurance Super Genius

P&C is all about renewals. That being said, I've heard good things about LM's training. May be a good way to cut your teeth, learn the ropes of selling & underwriting captive products, and make some useful contacts within the industry.

5. agentinsouth

agentinsouth Guru

With them-it really depends on what state you're in. If the premiums are high, then you'll do good. The premiums are low like Arizona, it is harder.

6. AllstateMaine

AllstateMaine Expert

I've heard good things about LM's training as well. I still believe that Allstate's LSP1 and LSP2 training are some of the best in the P&C business. It's changed quite a bit since I went through the program, it's very in depth and interactive now. Webinars are thorough I hear.

7. ModernInsurance

ModernInsurance Super Genius

AllstateMaine - I'm a former Allstater and hated the training course. The instructors nitpicked and it made for a long 2 weeks...

That being said, I learned a thing or two during training.

8. AllstateMaine

AllstateMaine Expert

It's quite different now than when I went through the LSP's. From the sounds of it now, it's pretty interactive and informative. I took quite a bit from it, but I'm glad I don't have to do role plays haha.

9. GingerNinja

GingerNinja Super Genius

The average insurance agent makes less thank $36,000 net. If you are confident in your abilities/experience then go independent, or you'll make very little compared to most other sales jobs.