what is best path to six figures/yr in new insurance career

Rob - not bragging at all. It's valuable for new agents to see that it's quite possible to knock out 2 deals a day with a good work ethic.

Since you're new on this board here's the scoop:

If you write a lot of business, 1st your a liar. Once you proove you're not a liar then you're unethical. Once you show you're not unethical then it's that you must have a lot of lapses. Once you proove you don't have a lot of lapses they'll start to dig into what you're selling. You get my drift.

Ignore it. There are "successful" people here who struggle to put 3 deals together in the same week and need to justify their existance.

We would, however, value your advice an imput here.

Thanks, I picked that up already, I guess I'm at the liar/unethical stage, lol.
It's funny, I can't fix a car, doesn't mean it can't be done right?

I do appreciate it, and I think there's more than enough money to go around, be creative, not competitive and you'll get a lot further.

Well, you've got your competition here. Wesley - SalesWolf - knocks out around 4/5 apps a day personal production.

Not me - I'm the $700,000 yearly volume guy - don't have that "2 app per day gene" but I admire it.

I am sorry if I came across as a bragger as well. I was not intending to do so. Massing a lot deals is not about what you do wrong! Like I said Welcome to Salesgenie.com - Unlimited Access to Sales Leads and Mailing Lists! and if you have an appointment with Aflac you can get membership to salesgenie for 68.00 a month rather than 150 :). Sometimes in my efforts to be objective regarding a topic I have a tendancy to object to everyone's opinion but mine lol! Rob, perhaps you would like to enlighten me a bit more as to your marketing tactics to individual sales. Anytime I ignore a market I ignore earnings.

As a side: Is sales genie cold calling?

So you know, I've been in internet lead driven phone sales for about 5 years, since it's infancy, as in, we got faxed leads at first, so funny. I've been burned by two not so ethical call centers and went on my own. Best thing I ever did because I was able to develop an overall mindset, melded with some modern technology and a tried and true sales skill set.
I've been referred to train agents/agencies by Assurant and Golden Rule, I've also partnered with Norvax to lend some of my techniques to Norvax University.

And I'm not offended at all, but I do the same thing, sometimes I think 'yeah right' then I say, 'hmm . . . maybe,' then I'm open to it, so no worries.

I feel there are two key factors in health/life sale success.

Training and leads.
Some (here) disagree but what good are leads if you can't close, ask for the sale, answer objections etc?

If you can sell, what good is it, if you can't get anyone to listen?

Well, you've got your competition here. Wesley - SalesWolf - knocks out around 4/5 apps a day personal production.

Not me - I'm the $700,000 yearly volume guy - don't have that "2 app per day gene" but I admire it.

I do 50% sales training (phone and travel) throughout the week, can't sell as much as I'd like to sometimes, but as long as your numbers are good, mine are good, his are good, it's all good!!

Oh good Lord - now you've gone and done it. Unless you've been in the biz 35 years you can't possible know what you're doing - none less teach! Are you crazy man!

Well, I'll tell ya what.. I'm from the old school of Insurance sales (belly to belly, knocking on doors, old debit routes, bait and switch appointments) and these new concepts are completely blowing my mind. I figure it this way: If someone is at a stage where I want to be, why would I try to reinvent the wheel? Why not just dig in and find out what those mass-producers are doing and emulate?

My eyes and ears are open to everyone on this forum who is producing, no matter how much. I personally like to hear all of the stories of what works and what wont because it gives me the opportunity to develop strategies in my mind (and on paper) for when I do get relicensed. We didnt have the web back in the early 90's to bounce ideas around like this.

Just keep posting, so I can keep stealing your ide...... I mean LEARNING!! :biggrin:

Oh good Lord - now you've gone and done it. Unless you've been in the biz 35 years you can't possible know what you're doing - none less teach! Are you crazy man!

I'm in sales over 20 years, there's no difference, if you now how to sell, you can sell cars, cell phones, fire extinguishers (yes, did that) or vacuums.

In any sales venture:

Product knowledge
+
Sales Skills
+
Ethics
+
Diligence
=
Success

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

:D

I use Infinite Conferencing - no download on the participant's end like GotoMeeting or IBoomerrang.

Prospect on the phone - give 'em the web address: Infinite Conferencing WebInterpoint - Web Conference Login

Once they're in and viewing my desktop there's a "wow" factor since most people have never participated in a desktop share.

Now...I control the presentation - have a marker and get to make it a fun presentation as I highlight things of interest.

I stack plans side by side - HSA next to a copay plan - then I can go benefit by benefit.

I run doc seaches while they watch, pull up brochures and again, it's amazing how much time they have then they're visually engaged.

It's new to me too - I used to just sell over the phone and some face to face. I actually didn't pick up on the desktop sharing until more and more agents friends of mine highly recommended.

It was uncomfortable for me at first - but clients were engaged and highly impressed. I'm now hooked - can't imagine doing it any other way.

Last edited:
as far as the percentage quote that's a factoid I just remember reading somewhere, and quite frankly it rings true. Between people seeking other forms of coverage to spouses getting jobs with benefits covering individuals on health generally has a lower retention than covering companies.

I believe your statement was "33.2% of people who buy individual health cancel within six months...", no?

A factoid you read somewhere. Can't remember where?

ehealthinsurance.com (largest seller of individual plans in the US&A) has an average persistency of twenty-four months.

Even that number is somewhat skewed, because it includes temporary policies, which stay on the books an average of four months...

It's a matter of facts versus "a factoid you heard somewhere, that rings true..."

I use Infinite Conferencing - no download on the participant's end like GotoMeeting or IBoomerrang.

Prospect on the phone - give 'em the web address: Infinite Conferencing WebInterpoint - Web Conference Login

Once they're in and viewing my desktop there's a "wow" factor since most people have never participated in a desktop share.

Now...I control the presentation - have a marker and get to make it a fun presentation as I highlight things of interest.

I stack plans side by side - HSA next to a copay plan - then I can go benefit by benefit.

I run doc seaches while they watch, pull up brochures and again, it's amazing how much time they have then they're visually engaged.

It's new to me too - I used to just sell over the phone and some face to face. I actually didn't pick up on the desktop sharing until more and more agents friends of mine highly recommended.

It was uncomfortable for me at first - but clients were engaged and highly impressed. I'm now hooked - can't imagine doing it any other way.
Rob, your response? heh
Reading what I read I can say that healthagent though narcasistic in nature seems to have a quantative amount of relivant data on almost every topic he posts on.

Latest posts

Back