what is best path to six figures/yr in new insurance career

Someone comes on this site asking what it takes to earn "a six figure income" and the advice floods in.

Same thing it takes to get to Carnegie Hall.

Practice, practice, practice.

This business isn't easy. If it were, everyone would do it instead of asking if you want to super size that order.

Personally, I don't write deals. I don't sell used cars, siding, timeshares, etc.

I help clients find coverage.

It is not the same thing as "doing deals".

And I don't brag about how many policies I write, what my production is, what kind of car I drive or how big my penis is. Nor am I impressed with what others post about production, income, or their love life. Frankly, I don't care.

Even if I did, anyone can come here and claim anything without offering any proof. So what?

Even if they did prove their production, provide bank accounts or tax statements, so what?

I can't pay my bills with their income. So why should I care, or be impressed, with what they say.

There are a few guys (and gals) here who have never (at least not that I recall) bragged about production or income. Personally, I have more respect for them than the ones who are constantly talking about how many deals they wrote in the last 24 hours.

Who really cares?

Not me.

If your persistency is less than 80 - 90% over 2 years you are probably doing something wrong.

If it costs you more than $100 to secure a new client (or write a "deal") you are probably doing something wrong.

We have a saying in the south. We really don't care how you did it "back home", you aren't back home.

Deal with it.

While I definitely agree with you in principle, Somarco, I actually appreciate when folks talk about how much business they are writing. If in fact the claims are true, then I think newbies and RE-newbies (like myself) stand to learn a great deal. Obviously, I'm not just concerned with the amount of money I can make, I also want to help clients so that the policies will stick and they'll hopefully get decent coverage. (I gotta be able to sleep at night without guilt)

But lets face it, I'm not coming back into this business because I'm nice, I want to make a considerable amount of income. I feel that experienced folks like yourself who have found a way to write a lot of business (that STICKS of course) and help a lot of people have the potential of teaching newbies a LOT of good habits. I have NO intention of reinventing the wheel.

;)

Not that I like braggers, but I AM curious as to what every agent here is writing in Health business on a consistent weekly basis.

Anyone coming into a field wants to know if there's money to be made.

Imagine coming into any sales company - no one will talk about their production, no one will discuss money and everyone's driving around 8 year old Honda's.

A flag? Sure. They could also be a crack team of highly successful sales agents who just are not going to discuss what they make and don't feel the need to drive flashy cars.

Still - it would be a sign to proceed with caution.

Last edited:
It's not easy but it is simple.

I agree with Somarco, practice makes perfect, however, if you don't know how to sell, it doesn't matter, insurance or not.

And I mean being a sales professional, which equates to a win win situation, you can say you want to help people, if that's true, go volunteer at a shelter, the truth is, you want to get paid for the expertise and service that you provide, correct?

If anyone has found a way for clients to line up and ask for your insurance, let me know, I'll pass it on in training and give you a large cut of all of the residual income it creates.

For those who don't have clients talking a number, you need to learn how to sell, what leads to buy, how to work them, how to close, how to address/answer objections and stalls (if you're presentation isn't designed to eliminate most), what tools to use and how to ask for the sale!!

:biggrin:

For those who don't have clients talking a number, you need to learn how to sell, what leads to buy, how to work them, how to close, how to address/answer objections and stalls (if you're presentation isn't designed to eliminate most), what tools to use and how to ask for the sale!!

That's the crux of it, right there. Excellent post.

It's not easy but it is simple.

If anyone has found a way for clients to line up and ask for your insurance, let me know, I'll pass it on in training and give you a large cut of all of the residual income it creates.

I was gonna say a gun, but....... :no:

Imagine coming into any sales company - no one will talk about their production, no one will discuss money and everyone's driving around 8 year old Honda's.

That is a rather shallow comment, but not surprising at all.

if you don't know how to sell, it doesn't matter, insurance or not.

Here is a clue.

Selling has almost nothing to do with what you say and everything to do with how well you listen.

Back