What is blacklisting, how does it happen?

Survivor

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Some of you may have read in an earlier post that I have had a bad experience with the company that I am captive for, and I'm finding my way out. I have read some bad things on the company, and have found that some formal agents have talked about being "blacklisted." From what they were saying, there is some industry list that companies supposedly list "bad" agents on as a warning to the other companies.

Basically, these people claimed that they left on bad terms with the company and then were threatened with being blacklisted to keep them from working with another company.

Can this actually happen? If so, does it happen because you violated some regulation, or because the company simply claims that you were a ****head?

Some of you may have read in an earlier post that I have had a bad experience with the company that I am captive for, and I'm finding my way out. I have read some bad things on the company, and have found that some formal agents have talked about being "blacklisted." From what they were saying, there is some industry list that companies supposedly list "bad" agents on as a warning to the other companies.

Basically, these people claimed that they left on bad terms with the company and then were threatened with being blacklisted to keep them from working with another company.

Can this actually happen? If so, does it happen because you violated some regulation, or because the company simply claims that you were a ****head?

Yes, this was common in all employment some years ago, yet today it has been outlawed for some years now. If you feel and can reasonably prove that a company is involved in blacklisting you have a good lawsuit.

Many insurance companies won't appoint you 1) because you haven't written any business with them or 2) your financials - either owing insurance company monies or bankruptcy.

Other than that, it's lawsuit time, baby, just like the others have posted. Good luck!

if you leave with a debt balance and do not pay them back they can Vector you which will cause another insurance co. to appoint you.....

Many insurance companies won't appoint you 1) because you haven't written any business with them or 2) your financials - either owing insurance company monies or bankruptcy

#1 makes no sense. Until I was appointed, I had not written any business with any of those carriers. With some I was appointed and still didn't write any business. Others terminated me later because I wrote so little business.

#2 very few companies I have encountered will refuse to appoint you because of your financial history. Illinois Mutual is one that comes to mind. They turned me down a few years ago when I was struggling to rebuild my financial life.

Most of the time you can get appointed, but you may not be eligible for commission advances.

As long as you are not in trouble with the DOI, criminal justice system, or IRS you should be good to go.

Back