What is important to you in selecting an upline FMO?

Packerland

Guru
I'm curious to what many of you are look for in an FMO upline.

As we all know all FMO's can offer the same contract.

I have seen many on here recommend FMO's.

So what are the top 5 reasons to select and FMO.

A little food for thought so if everybody in a particular area is with the same fmo does that give you a competitive advantage or competitive disadvantage. My guess it gives you a competitive disadvantage.

So again what are the five reasons to select an fmo to give you a competitive advantage in the marketplace?

I am sure some of the shills on here will attack this post for the content versus actually answering the question.

A little food for thought so if everybody in a particular area is with the same fmo does that give you a competitive advantage or competitive disadvantage. My guess it gives you a competitive disadvantage.

So again what are the five reasons to select an fmo to give you a competitive advantage in the marketplace?

I am sure some of the shills on here will attack this post for the content versus actually answering the question.
1. Trust.
2. Street Level or better contracts.
3. Free lead program(1,000 piece DM lead drop for so many issued policies).
4. Added value perks.
5. If I ever need them for anything, they get it done ASAP.

1. You are correct that if there are too many agents stacked together from one agency in one area it is a huge disadvantage.

2. Commission levels- everyone can give the same levels but few do. Get them in writing up front to compare every FMO you are looking at. Never let them blow you off with industry slang like “street level. “ You have to see numbers on the page.

3. Mix of companies- are you allowed to sell competitively priced companies? Do they make you favor higher priced ones or do you get to choose what you want to.

4. Leads- How much, what kind, are they resold? Compare, compare, compare.

5. Who is training you? Can they sell? Who have they successfully trained? Do they have proof of their success? Company leaderboards? Earning sales conventions,etc.?

6. Releases? What are their terms for releases? Or do you have to sit it out for six months?

I’m posting as an FMO so I’m just assuming these are still important to agents these days. From my perspective I’m pretty sure they are.

1. You are correct that if there are too many agents stacked together from one agency in one area it is a huge disadvantage.

2. Commission levels- everyone can give the same levels but few do. Get them in writing up front to compare every FMO you are looking at. Never let them blow you off with industry slang like “street level. “ You have to see numbers on the page.

3. Mix of companies- are you allowed to sell competitively priced companies? Do they make you favor higher priced ones or do you get to choose what you want to.

5. Who is training you? Can they sell? Who have they successfully trained? Do they have proof of their success? Company leaderboards? Earning sales conventions,etc.?

6. Releases? What are their terms for releases? Or do you have to sit it out for six months?

I’m posting as an FMO so I’m just assuming these are still important to agents these days. From my perspective I’m pretty sure they are.
You cheated, he only asked for 5 things. :laugh:

Excellent post I agree with everything you said with the exception of leads... I am not convinced that any FMO play this on the up and up... reputable leads cost approximately $500 per thousand... Even with a 50/50 Co-op.. FMO's can only do it for a select number of Agents.. sure some FMO's get some leads from carriers such as Aetna and a few of the local carriers...

I just think Fmo's that focus on giving agent leads is fool's gold

1. Unconditional Release
2. Unconditional Release
3. Unconditional Release.
4. Contract Level
5. Help when requested.

Did I mention an unconditional release?

Rick
Slime balls that don't give you unconditional release should be drummed out of the industry

Back