What is important to you in selecting an upline FMO?

I cannot believe that you spend $2,400,000 annually on direct mail....

It just creeps up on you. I definitely wouldn't if it wasn't necessary.
Just do the math. Just under 100 agents averaging 20 leads per week X 50 weeks.

Now I work with Todd. I know I won't get cheated on contracts and he has no problem granting a release as long as there is no chargeback issues. For me that's more important than trying to get another point on my commission.

*ick

So that's why he cries when me and Amtrak rag your ass . . .

There are agents here (I'm thinking of one in particular that asks for help with every life case) whose goal is to get as much commission as possible when he really should have a realistic contract with a marketer that can actually help. But I guess when dollars are more important than clients.....

*ick

Awe - love ya *ick . . .

Actually - commission is not even a factor. If so - I wouldn't use Sagicor when a client wants a value priced 20 year Term with no riders . . . I make less % with them vs others . . . But - it's never about the commission that I earn - never . . .

are you naive? How do you think the FMO'S got started?! look all i am saying is if you are going to get MY BUSINESS again MY BUSINESS they don't give you LEADS you know this! right? then you do what is best for you! it doesn't take a rocket scientist to learn the product! if you can read you can learn. the most important thing when dealing/ selling MEDICARE PRODUCTS is to be COMPLIANT!! doing well means everything that encompasses doing well, but everything can be taken away from you if you aren't compliant, your license your book of business! what is being compliant? ok that would be a better question! Medicare.gov this is my bible when i sell medicare products, not the FMO. I go straight to the source! not the middle man, now if you need someone to translate the info for you, then i don't know why you are in the business to begin with! I use the FMO for a link to contract because i HAVE TO not because i NEED TO OR WANT TO. anyways is late Nite!

Not to be confused with My InsureBiz again My InsureBiz . . .

5. Help when requested.

Good freaking luck.

In almost 9 years of selling insurance, I’ve rarely asked an up line for help. Always go straight to carrier.

This past month, I had 2 carriers who’s contracting depts were so stupid they could not handle re-appointing me and my agency. Despite repeated calls in to speak directly with licensing.

One paper pusher argued with me, for quite some time, that I was wrong and that I was already appointed. Couldn’t get it through her thick skull that they had me appointed under the old, surrendered, resident license, and not under the new non-res. Even e-mailed everything to her, in detail.

So, last week, I contacted 2 distinct and well-respected uplines. Explained everything. Asked if they could, somehow, connect with a contact at the carrier to fix their internal glitch to re-appoint me (they required pre-appt., not JIT). Asked them to follow up with carrier until the appt is complete.

Crickets.

My e-mail tracking software shows that one up line opened the e-mail once, replied, “will do,” and never opened again (and 10 days later, it’s still not fixed).

Uplines are all but worthless. Some are occasionally helpful, but they are rare. I can only think of a handful of individual reps that I’ve worked with who seem to have a grasp on professionalism and follow-through.

Last edited:
Back