What is Maintained by Insured

Im an agent just want to be able to explain the difference in classification code for risk types to clients.

Trying to come up with a good definition and a right definition.

Like lessor risk maintained by insured or less risk not maintained by insured...

You've lost me. Where is this coming from? Maintained by insured is used in a lot of different contexts. Give me a class code as an example....

Sorry, don't understand the question. Maybe I just need more coffee this morning!!!!

Dan

Does the company that you sell those types of product give you an agent guide on that product ?

Is it possible that its a rural property not maintained or serviced by any fire department?

Mark - This relates to every commercial policy out there. The question, if I understand correctly, really isn't as much an insurance question as it is an ISO/OSHA question and how it relates to commercial insurance.

This is the stuff that everyone who writes commercial gets bogged down in. It sounds so simple when someone tells you how to do it and runs through a few 'test' cases. Never works easy in real life.

Dan

Building or Premises- bank or office mercantile or
manufacturer (Lessor's Risk Only)- Maintained by the insured-
Other than Not for Profit

Building or Premises- bank or office mercantile or
manufacturer (Lessor's Risk Only)- Other than Not for Profit

Here is an example of the class codes. They offer different premium rates. I'm trying to figure out what exactly is "maintained by the insured"

Could it be the clean up/maintainace (of electrical, maybe something hanging over the building and cause a GL claim) is done by the insured?

I think its as simple as who is responsible for the maintainence of the building, the insured or someone else?

This would probably be more of an issue in an office condo complex, where the association might be responsible for overall building maintainence, not the owner/insured.

Don't quote me on this though. I get stuck on who is responsible for the parking lot question..... Or the hours of operation :)

Dan

Dan, I think your right, I think it has to do with who is responsible for maintenance. This is just my opinion, but I think a good example would be you have a unit in a shopping plaza where a grocery store owns the whole plaza. Odds are they keep up the maintenance of the entire building (thus partially responsible for slip and fall type incidents). Then you have the situation where the insured occupies a single structure that he rents, but maintains the property, thus the owner of the building is a little less responsible which is why there is a premium difference. this is just my rational thinking, and may be inaccurate, as I get confused with this a little bit too.

Latest posts

Back