What is "must have" advice for a newbie?

TheFEhustle

I've seen a few ads recruiting for FE insurance.

I'm a 43yr old male, no kids. I am looking for a sales position that is rewarding, both financially and purpose. When I think of most sales people, I think "scammer." As I think many do.

I wamt to be that guy that puts the person at ease, build the trust and friendship needed between clients to have a successful business.

I've done everything from cleaning, baking, wedding cakes, vacation sales, business owner, sold a business and now, here I sit.

This industry seems competitive but rewarding from what I've read. It takes determination, patience, trust, etc from what I see, just like most things in life .

Any advice would be appreciated!

Have money saved up, buy direct mail leads, and go see the people. Get with someone good in the business who will train you on what to say and not to say. Thats pretty much it. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Also,

Go As-Earned with any of your commissions, there is no reason to go into debt trying to build a career.

Well I don’t think that’s good advice.

Maybe you can transition your way into something like that, but paying $600ish for leads a week to make $300ish a week off the start just isn’t going to fly.

As long as an agent can manage their money properly, it’s a free loan (in most cases). Take advantage of it.

Also,

Go As-Earned with any of your commissions, there is no reason to go into debt trying to build a career.

unless you have money to live off i don't think that is good advice

most agents need the advance to bank roll their leads

if you are looking to get into this business find a company that will train you and offer you competitive commissions... most likely you will need to go under someone in order to have success in this business but find a company that won't hold you back... if they don't have in writing a promotional guideline then i would look for another company.

too many times agents get stuck at a low commission and don't know where the ceiling is

Ok, I'll just play this both ways. If you have the money to go as earned to begin with, then that is great! Do that. If you can't do that, then you'll need advances.

You do need someone who can train you. You do want to start out on high commissions and not have to work your way there. What I mean by high commissions is at least street level, set by the insurance company and not what that agency says is street level.

Back