What is not covered on BCBS of FL Plan 70?

dr954

Expert
I have a potential client that is considering BCBS of FL Plan 70. This is a hospital/surgery plan with a $250 deductible, $2500 OOP maximum. For a 47 year old woman it costs $90 per month. I recommended Humana's Autograph Share 80, $5000 deductible, $7000 OOP maximum for $191/mo. I believe Humana's plan to be more comprehensive.

On BCBS plan 70 brochure it reads:
This health insurance policy is ideal for:
• A covered hospital admission and the covered physician office services.
• Covered outpatient surgeries as an outpatient of a hospital, ambulatory surgical center, or a physician’s office (i.e. bone setting, casting and/or stitching).
• Diagnostic services such as X-rays, ultrasound, and CAT scans, when part of a hospital inpatient service or proximately related to an outpatient surgical service.
• Mammograms are covered—even when the service is provided in a physician’s office.

Does anybody know what things specifically will not be covered under BCBS Plan 70, 71, 72, & 73?

Thank you in advance.

Ever consider the source?

BCBSF - BlueOptions for Individuals & Families Under 65

Appears to be one of the limited benefit plans for next to nothing.

The internet is a wonderful thing . . . when you know how to use it . . .

Here's the problem with the source. They do not disclose what outpatient procedures, or treatments specifically will not be covered. This is misleading to the consumer. From talking with a friend, here are some things we believe that will not be covered under this plan. If anyone else has something to add, please do!

Items not covered:
doctor visits, obgyn visit, checkups, medications , mental health, cardiac rehab, physical therapy, outpatient chemotherapy, outpatient dialysis treatment, out patient rehab.

I am sure the list can go on.

Last edited:
It is a hospital/surgical plan. That's all they cover. No outpatient services.

It is the barest coverage. A person buys as much insurance as they can afford. At her age, I wouldn't be buying the most basic. If that is all she can afford, that's that.

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago. (Third thread below) Got no help, just wise cracks from the usual douchebags.

I couldn't find anything wrong with it when I looked at it.

Last edited:
Back