What is not covered on BCBS of FL Plan 70?

When trying to beat the Blues, bring up the "usual and reasonable" card.

If the Blues only pay what's reasonable, what if your bill is $40K and they think $30K is reasonable. Do you want to be out $10K? It's just a spin, but it works (I heard, wink)

Yes, another high quality agent filled with integrity. When you don't have the skills to do the job in a straight up fashion, the answer is to lie (or show your ignorance).

It's a PPO plan. U&C, R&C, D&C have nothing to do with it.

You really should go back to Mega (where you learned it?). They're really better suited to those of your ilk. And you to they.

I couldn't find anything wrong with it when I looked at it. When trying to beat the Blues, bring up the "usual and reasonable" card.

Earlier response vaporized . . .

There are plenty of ways to combat a Hospital/Surgical plan without getting into the R&C game.

Do the words "not covered" in a policy mean anything?

I have a potential client that is considering BCBS of FL Plan 70. This is a hospital/surgery plan with a $250 deductible, $2500 OOP maximum. For a 47 year old woman it costs $90 per month. I recommended Humana's Autograph Share 80, $5000 deductible, $7000 OOP maximum for $191/mo. I believe Humana's plan to be more comprehensive.

On BCBS plan 70 brochure it reads:
This health insurance policy is ideal for:
• A covered hospital admission and the covered physician office services.
• Covered outpatient surgeries as an outpatient of a hospital, ambulatory surgical center, or a physician’s office (i.e. bone setting, casting and/or stitching).
• Diagnostic services such as X-rays, ultrasound, and CAT scans, when part of a hospital inpatient service or proximately related to an outpatient surgical service.
• Mammograms are covered—even when the service is provided in a physician’s office.

Does anybody know what things specifically will not be covered under BCBS Plan 70, 71, 72, & 73?

Thank you in advance.

I'm pretty sure that rack you want for the old lady won't be covered.

Yes, another high quality agent filled with integrity. When you don't have the skills to do the job in a straight up fashion, the answer is to lie (or show your ignorance).

It's a PPO plan. U&C, R&C, D&C have nothing to do with it.

You really should go back to Mega (where you learned it?). They're really better suited to those of your ilk. And you to they.

Instead of posting your useless 2cents everytime, why don't you post what you would do when you keep running into this plan over and over and have NOTHING to compete with? It's not a skill factor when you don't have a competively priced plan.

Me and the last poster are just trying to justify why is this plan so inexpensive.

Instead of posting your useless 2cents everytime, why don't you post what you would do when you keep running into this plan over and over and have NOTHING to compete with? It's not a skill factor when you don't have a competively priced plan.

Me and the last poster are just trying to justify why is this plan so inexpensive.

Re: the last poster. I tried telling him/her about four friggin' times that there was no such thing as a brokerage contract for BCBSFL individual. They are either ignorant/stupid or both. Some people just want to keep asking the same question until they get the answer that they want to hear.

I could give you a two minute lesson on the hospital/surgical BCBSFL plan, but I'm assuming though that you're the "big hitter" you say you are, and in that case you must know it already. I have 537 "PIF" as of 3/31/08 without one single limited benefit or hospital/surgical policy on the books.

I'd just be posting my "useless 2 cents" though...

This is EXACTLY what I mean by the 2cents chiming in. Somarco is in ATL, so what does he know about FL BX, but Moonlight is a FL wiseguy.

We're over here looking for answers and here you're posting nothing but BS. You're an ind agent in FL right? I hope so, you spend enough time in this forum. Are you a BX agent that sells ind? Nope. Group maybe, but not ind products....but you have so much to say.

So what do you know? You don't know jack, you just continue to post snide remarks. You're a fat fart sittin in Tampa watching the Rays play at the most pathetic ballpark in the county. I want to puke when I drive by it. That's here nor there, but Tropicana just plain sucks.

So, is this forum here to critique the intellect of agents or to help them? More so to criticize and pigeonhole it seems -at least by your standards.

You two have helped Crabcake Johnny post 5000+ comments with all of your back and forth crap posts. The guy is NOT selling insurance anymore he claims; he's guiding newbies to the promised land for $20/month. You two goofs helped helped him get there by posting your idiotic remarks.

This moron is helping GA's go broke for his own benefit. If you're a MGR with a captive agency, you've got a crap product with lots of wiggle room for commisssions. Let's face it, the plan is crap and the commissions are high. This is how UA and Mega Unit Mgrs, DSL's, RSL's make $. Bad news for captive agents, but that's how it goes.

Ind GA's (like me) don't have as much to wiggle, as contracts are tighter on commissions. Crabcake Johnny is spewing the goods to all the newbies to piss on the parade....AGAIN for his own benefit.

What is the role of a GA? To train, mentor, guide and to give leads to agents for what? 2% override? Not worth my time gents.

Crabcake Johnny, self-righteous yes -all the way. And to tweedle dee and tweedle dum -nice job fellas. Thanks again for your VERY helpful posts about why the BX Plan 70 is sooooooooo cheap!

Rather than responding with the usual moronic jab, tell us why there in no Major Med product in FL (with or without limitations) that can compete with this product?

Not with UHC, Aetna, Humana, GTL, Celtic, Citrus, Vista, Assurant, Avalon, World, -none. Prey tell, why? Because they're a mutual co, non-profit?

C'mon. I double dog dare ya. Take your time, as I'm sure you'll be Googling this one to death.

and Margarita....last i checked "PIF" was the airport code for Pingtung, Taiwan.

Maybe you should fly TPA to PIF. You could bring home some toxic lead goodies. Then we could talk about them on the the health insurance forum. It would make sense, considering what you typically post.

Last edited:
Back