What is the Appropriate Amount of Final Expense Coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I believe markets are different in different parts of the country. You always hear people say you need to filter to down to this income or talk about selling $10,000 of FE for burial. Seems that what would be correct in one area has very little to do with what is correct in another.

I remember last year one of the members was talking about the San Jose Market. not being any good for "FE" sales. I disagreed. Today I saw this listing for a $1,500 a month rental in San Jose, CA. I thought wow that is super cheap.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1062-S-Genevieve-Ln-San-Jose-CA-95128/19586975_zpid/?fromHomePage=true%3Futm_source%3Dtxtshare

Plots for sale -
Los Gatos Memorial Park in San Jose, California, Burial Plots For Sale

$10,000 is not going to do much there.

$50,000 a year is below poverty level there. Hell, Dual $50,000 income is maybe apartment living.

Just a thought on different areas.

Oh, and the 58 yr old 2,000 Sq ft 3/2 main home is a little over $1,000,000.00

Last edited:
I believe markets are different in different parts of the country. You always hear people say you need to filter to down to this income or talk about selling $10,000 of FE for burial. Seems that what would be correct in one area has very little to do with what is correct in another.

I remember last year one of the members was talking about the San Jose Market. not being any good for "FE" sales. I disagreed. Today I saw this listing for a $1,500 a month rental in San Jose, CA. I thought wow that is super cheap.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1062-S-Genevieve-Ln-San-Jose-CA-95128/19586975_zpid/?fromHomePage=true%3Futm_source%3Dtxtshare

Plots for sale -
Los Gatos Memorial Park in San Jose, California, Burial Plots For Sale

$10,000 is not going to do much there.

$50,000 a year is below poverty level there. Hell, Dual $50,000 income is maybe apartment living.

Just a thought on different areas.

You answered your own question. The appropriate amount is what it would take to cover the bill when they die.

If that's affordable then it's a deal. if it's not then something is better than nothing.

You answered your own question. The appropriate amount is what it would take to cover the bill when they die.

If that's affordable then it's a deal. if it's not then something is better than nothing.

I respectfully disagree with you.

He would not of asked a question if he answered his own question.

I respectfully disagree with you.

He would not of asked a question if he answered his own question.

It was more of a rhetorical question. I see people here always saying this is the correct way to do things or the market is this or that. I believe area has a lot to do with the market.

The poor people in San Jose, CA are probably a different poor than in some other parts of the nation.

Just starting a clean thread.

----------

Well, so much for a clean thread. :wacko:

There's no "one size fits all" answer. We look at their income for sure. It has to fit within the budget or your client will cancel and you'll be hit with a chargeback.

We look at what they want for burial - cremation vs funeral and help them understand the costs. Many people in this market have NO life insurance or are greatly underinsured so it's also important to find out if they want to do such things as:

pay off any unsecured debt
Leave a legacy for a favorite grandchild or
Help with college education

Many times they also need to provide some payment protection for their beneficiary, a year or two of mortgage payments while the survivor sells the property or decides what to do with it.

Go in and find out what they need, and based on their health, what they can afford, then serve them as best you can.

No they wouldn't. They know you are a crook. Why aren't they on here defending you instead of sending private messages about you?

I have a complete solution for you. I bet some of those people are loving that they have a way to contact you now.:yes:

If it makes me a crook to give agents the opportunity to work from home, or a call center, I invest in their leads, 100% cover their customer service needs (10 people in house), have an entire marketing department that pre screens calls for them and warm transfers to their personal phone, offer health insurance to all my employees (almost 60 people on payroll), and furnish a beautiful state of the art facility for my team worth multiple millions of dollars.

Then what is is called when an IMO makes a 30% override on agents from his garage doing nothing?

Heres a tour of my call center:

You or anyone can visit anytime:
100 Mall Parkway
Wentzville, MO 63385

Its actually a failed mall, in a dead part of town, that NorthStar is helping bring back life too.

My personal number is also 636-728-9398

So John Dugger, whats your address and phone number?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it makes me a crook to give agents the opportunity to work from home, or a call center, I invest in their leads, 100% cover their customer service needs (10 people in house), have an entire marketing department that pre screens calls for them and warm transfers to their personal phone, offer health insurance to all my employees (almost 60 people on payroll), and furnish a beautiful state of the art facility for my team worth multiple millions of dollars.

Then what is is called when an IMO makes a 30% override on agents from his garage doing nothing?

Heres a tour of my call center:

Final Expense Call Center Tour - Check out the #1 Final Expense Telesales Call Center - YouTube

You or anyone can visit anytime:
100 Mall Parkway
Wentzville, MO 63385

Its actually a failed mall, in a dead part of town, that NorthStar is helping bring back life too.

My personal number is also 636-728-9398

So John Dugger, whats your address and phone number?

what good is going to come from posting personal information lol from either of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back