What is the Best Dental Plan?

If you mean dental PPO, there isn't any that provides decent value. Maybe a DHMO if someone doesn't care about the quality of the work.

What I've had my clients do (successfully) is to ask if the dentist accepts Delta. If so, ask for the same price as they get from Delta and pay it out of pocket.

Rick

Humana's Preventative Plus PPO plan easily pays for itself with just the free cleanings...$13-18/month = $150-220/year. One routine exam/cleaning in my area is $230-260. There's also a $1k/year benefit for basic services after 6-month waiting period. Even better deal for large families since they charge about $57/month no matter how many family members when there are 3 or more. Their DHMO plan isn't available here, but I've heard it's a good plan for the money too.

I've had good luck with the UHC dental value plan. It's about the same as the Humana one, as far as it's a wash if you go twice a year for cleanings. I have the UHC plan, and have for almost 3 years. It's worked well for my family, but we haven't needed anything beyond preventative so far...

Being as a Dental insurance expert, I would like to suggest dental patient financing is the best plan. In-house patient financing give freedom to dentist of creating their own private dental plans that may also result in affordable patient financing for patients and by cutting out the middleman revenue will also increase.

Back